Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
As I continue to slowly gather data on the CAPTS gears that I installed, I have another transmission ready to install with carbon synchros. I have yet to hear about Synchrotechs carbon synchros. I want to put them into my CAPTS transmission when I add the new 5th gear to freshen things up more. Anyone have any real experience with these? I'll find out myself soon, but thought I'd ask while I wait for the right time to swap trannies. I don't plan to keep the other trans in for very long, as I'm only interested in the synchros and to put a few miles on some other gears. The CAPTS trans will be my final configuration with the CAPTS gears, assuming the synchros feel ok. I dont' have a problem with stock, but they are expensive when buying as an assembly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Another update. I got CAPTS 5th gear a little while ago to add to 3rd and 4th. I was waiting to put together my RV6 trans for a good spare and finally have that installed and have been pushing it on the street. Now that the spare is checked off as reliable, I tore down the CAPTS trans with 37,000 miles on it. Upon inspection everything looked great! I plan to add carbon synchros and the new 5th gear as part of my final configuration. While the RV6 gears seem just fine for the street, I want more reliability in 5th for the track.

As for a comparison between CAPTS and RV6 3-4, RV6 3rd gear is louder. Other than that, I can't tell them apart.

I'll update this thread again once I reinstall the CAPTS trans and provide a little info on reassembling our transmissions. There are a few things I have picked up over my quest that might help some of you.

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Oh, I forgot to say something about the carbon synchros in the RV6 trans. They are butter smooth! After break in, they shift much faster than stock. I'm still playing around with the clutch pedal to improve timing with the shift lever, but that's another thread. I'd recommend swapping synchros on a stock trans just to get that improvement.
Sponsored