Quest for more power or handling upgrades next?

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
So my 17 Si has gotten some pretty nice performance upgrades. I'm pretty happy with it, but this is not the end. I'm asking for opinions and experience on whether to continue for more power right now, or put that on pause and do other upgrades to make it handle better. My thoughts are Acuity short shifter stage 3, Hasport 62A RMM, maybe 27won BBK or sway bar/strut bar. On the performance side I think the next thing for me would be a flex fuel kit with a custom tune. Of course I just want to keep adding power. Make this thing as fast as I can with my budget. But I noticed the car pulling hard to the right when shifting under full (24 lbs) boost, also has a lot of wheel hop when taking off hard from a stop. Makes the think the motor mount has too much play.

Current mods-
Hondata flashpro with TSP Stage 1 tune
Mishimoto FMIC with charge pipes
PRL race maf cobra intake
Maperformance DP/FP and street exhaust
Clutch Master FX400 with SS line
TSW 18" rims
Tires coming soon
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One word

Tires

After that in no particular order

RMM, shifter (type R + Acuity, Acuity, or Hybrid), and springs/coils. Also, consider braces. Cusco, Whiteline, type R etc

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Nick6

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I recommend going with the stage 3 kit next or rmm for the wheel hop if that's a big issue. I have their short shifter and i plan on getting the shifter bushings and it just makes the car so much more enjoyable to drive when you have a great shifter. Seriously notice a huge difference immediately and it's way better after about 3 weeks of driving and breaking itin. 100% worth it.
Sponsored