First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
Hi,

I am looking at these Abbreviations/terminologies used in KTuner desktop app tables.
what do they mean

1. Ignition base table, what is LOAD? what does it represent in Data logs?

2. Ignition Maximum Table, is EGR visible in data logs?

3. In the knock sensitivity table, the load values are in hundreds and thousands where are in the Ignition table the load values are less than a hundred and mostly in negative

4. in WOT enrichment, how do we compare or relate MGStk with the MAF values in datalogs

5. in the Boost target table, the Atmospheric Pressure relates to MAP or MAF values?

6. what is TB in final boost target table ?

7. in cylinder fill limitation, what K.Ret is Knock Retard in datalog ?

thanks
@KTuner
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
It's a "calculated load" displayed as a legacy load type. There's map trace.
No. There's map trace.
Correct.
Mg/Stk is in logging. Google if you're not familiar with the term.
It relates to exactly what it's named, atmospheric pressure. Google if you're not familiar with the term.
Incoming TARGET BOOST value, from your target settings and the ECU's background adjustments on that.
Yes.

OP
OP
Ehtesham

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
So if I need to advance the timing. Do I need reduce or increase load in timing table ?

Ignition base or ignition timing table?

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi,

I am looking at these Abbreviations/terminologies used in KTuner desktop app tables.
what do they mean

1. Ignition base table, what is LOAD? what does it represent in Data logs?

2. Ignition Maximum Table, is EGR visible in data logs?

3. In the knock sensitivity table, the load values are in hundreds and thousands where are in the Ignition table the load values are less than a hundred and mostly in negative

4. in WOT enrichment, how do we compare or relate MGStk with the MAF values in datalogs

5. in the Boost target table, the Atmospheric Pressure relates to MAP or MAF values?

6. what is TB in final boost target table ?

7. in cylinder fill limitation, what K.Ret is Knock Retard in datalog ?

thanks
@KTuner
There's wealth of info here :
http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/table_of_contents.htm?ms=AAAA&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw
i replied to your pm & i'm unable to offer you any tuning advise.
tbvh, pls do not touch what you do not know as it may easily damage your engine.
(just my 2 cents worth)
you can engage etune/remote tuning services, purchase a canned tune or get it custom tuned.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
As he's also posting on another forum, he's running rich with the TSP using PRL RACE MAF. He's trying to make a custom tune equal to TSP, which won't be easy without tuning experience.

You may want to reach out to TSP instead, as I'm sure they would love to clean up any richness for those who don't stay in closed loop.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My concern is that he's needing to ask what everything means. Some things are just better left to the pros. Self tuning has caused at least one engine failure in my thread.

Making just one bad adjustment could potentially cause serious, serious problems.

The OP had messaged me earlier and said Derek wanted to help him with a custom setup. To me that's the way to go. Sure doing it yourself might save money in the short term but the potential is there for a disaster too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ehtesham

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
As he's also posting on another forum, he's running rich with the TSP using PRL RACE MAF. He's trying to make a custom tune equal to TSP, which won't be easy without tuning experience.

You may want to reach out to TSP instead, as I'm sure they would love to clean up any richness for those who don't stay in closed loop.
They are not even replying to my issue. That's why I need help.

OP
OP
Ehtesham

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
My concern is that he's needing to ask what everything means. Some things are just better left to the pros. Self tuning has caused at least one engine failure in my thread.

Making just one bad adjustment could potentially cause serious, serious problems.

The OP had messaged me earlier and said Derek wanted to help him with a custom setup. To me that's the way to go. Sure doing it yourself might save money in the short term but the potential is there for a disaster too.
I don't want a custom tune. As I know my friends who have paid for the custom tune and are not fast as compared to the price they have paid. I am not opting for custom tuning.

I want to do it my self. I am ready to put my engine at stake

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want a custom tune. As I know my friends who have paid for the custom tune and are not fast as compared to the price they have paid. I am not opting for custom tuning.

I want to do it my self. I am ready to put my engine at stake
That's fine. I guess what I'm saying is I get that there is $$ involved going custom. But are you really prepared to buy a new engine if something goes seriously sideways?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I admire your desire to learn more about tuning, please reconsider custom tuning. There is a lot of knowledge and experience that goes into tuning and it doesn't take much to cause catastrophic damage.
I see you had issues with TSP? I know you don't want a canned or custom tune, but why not check out Phearable? They have great tunes, can have specific MAF programmed in at purchase, they offer great value and are extremely refined yet powerful OTS tunes. I ran Phearable 1.5 and currently 1.5R on a mostly stock FK7 and I cannot express how much better 1.5/1.5R is.

OP
OP
Ehtesham

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
While I admire your desire to learn more about tuning, please reconsider custom tuning. There is a lot of knowledge and experience that goes into tuning and it doesn't take much to cause catastrophic damage.
I see you had issues with TSP? I know you don't want a canned or custom tune, but why not check out Phearable? They have great tunes, can have specific MAF programmed in at purchase, they offer great value and are extremely refined yet powerful OTS tunes. I ran Phearable 1.5 and currently 1.5R on a mostly stock FK7 and I cannot express how much better 1.5/1.5R is.
I started tuning back in 2006/07 on when we used to chip P08 and P28 and P30 for D and B series engines.

I have had done tuning and have all understanding of it.
I am an Engineer by profession and have done Masters in Engineering.

so technically, I have no issue at all. I can do it my self.

and I will do it any way and will share it with you guys.

The help I was asking about the abbreviations and terminologies that KTuner uses.

btw, I have figured out the algorithm that KTuner and 1.5T ECU uses to control timing.

I will share my results pretty soon.

and yes, I am not going aggressive on it. I just want to do it my self as custom tuning is totally a subjective matter. and its more convenient to do/adjust it by my self rather than to send logs and ask him to do which I know I can do my self as well.

regarding Phearable, they don't offer their tunes for my ECU.
Sponsored