Q: OEM Touch Screen to LX Retrofit

fhblake04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX Three Pedal
Country flag
Hey, guys. I've been seeing some murmurs of some guys doing this, but I haven't seen any definitive answers. I've found the part: 39710-TBA-305. What else would be involved? Someone mentioned the radio antenna. Essentially, I would like to run Android Auto. Thank you!
Sponsored

Mishka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic ex
Country flag
You can also look into a different aftermarket headunit that is compatible with android auto. An aftermarket headunit can add more features then the oem. If you look through this website http://www.crutchfield.com/ it will let you know the additional mounting hardware you would need.

As for adding the oem headunit like the ex+ have... I have no idea.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It would be quite difficult. They're not meant to be swappable, and the touchscreen headunit interfaces with so much of the car that you're going to have errors and errors and probably some more errors.

Look into getting an aftermarket headunit w/ AA, as @Mishka mentioned.

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
I think it would be alot easier to just get an aftermarket touchscreen. Pioneer, JVC, Clarion, Kenwood, they make some good ones. Get the proper wire kits, and you don't loose any steering wheel control function.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Your best bet would be to pay the $10 to get one day of access to the Honda Techinfo site and download all the wiring schematics so you can study them. With that you should be able to figure out all the wires that go into the higher trim headunit, and what connectors they're in, then look to see if an LX has all those same wires, in the same place in the same connectors or not. If it does, then it should be plug-n-play, but I'm betting it won't.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Its not just the headunit. Remember all Civics with the Display Audio also come with the virtual gauge cluster and the steering wheel controls have the ribbed volume slider too
Sponsored