Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered a cool little real carbon fiber interior piece from Amazon. Just got home from work and went to my mailbox...

What did I find? The package with my real carbon piece was folded in half so it would fit my small mailbox.

Honda Civic 10th gen Put this in the "people are idiots" file IMG_20211119_123115043

In doing so, they also cracked the piece in half. WTF is wrong with people?
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Mailmen tend to try to be as efficient as possible. Our multi-house mailbox has parcel lockers, and the entire front opens at once for the mailman to load all the mail and parcels.

I've had them cram a box that is too big to fit into the parcel locker in the first place, and then once they close the front, the lip from the doorframe to the parcel locker means it can't be removed. Had to get out a knife and cut the box open in the locker and remove the contents to collapse the box.

The real problem for your carbon fiber IMO is the manufacturer and also the shipper refused to package it appropriately to prevent folding.

One time I had to reorder spray wax 4 times from Amazon because they just kept putting the bottle into the same bubble mailer pictured and of course the bottle cracked every single time.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I ordered a cool little real carbon fiber interior piece from Amazon. Just got home from work and went to my mailbox...

What did I find? The package with my real carbon piece was folded in half so it would fit my small mailbox.

IMG_20211119_123115043.jpg

Mailman/mailwoman probably did not know what was inside the package nor test to see if the package should be folded. Sorry that this happened to you, man. I'm sure that Amazon will get you a replacement right away.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_20211119_123115043.jpg

Let's go Postal! It's called don't give 2 shits about how I perform my job. If it didn't fit in the box, they should have brought it to your door.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let's go Postal! It's called don't give 2 shits about how I perform my job. If it didn't fit in the box, they should have brought it to your door.
Exactly!

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
I’ve had mail people bend things that say DO NOT BEND in big red letters.if it’s going to slow them down they don’t care. Especially if it’s a temp mail worker and not their normal route.

bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Not to play devil's advocate here, but amazon didn't put something that indicated it shouldn't be bent. Yes they should've been more careful with it, but I feel like there should've been some sort of warning on the package.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking of idiots, I'm going back to the store I work at and I'm on a 4 lane road at a 3 way stop sign intersection. I was in the right lane, the suv to my left on the crossroad starts to turn left going north. All of a sudden another suv heading north in the lane to my right blasts right through the stop sign. If that other suv turning left hadn't been watching, it would have been a hellava of a crash. To top it off, the one that blew through the stop sign caught the red light. When it turned green, the turned left from the right lane. SMDH.
Look for idiots before you proceed!

Mlock757

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
Sorry that's happened...what piece is this anyway? And are there more from Amazon for different parts that are "real carbon"?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry that's happened...what piece is this anyway? And are there more from Amazon for different parts that are "real carbon"?
Sure. There's plenty of real carbon interior and exterior pieces on Ebay, Amazon and other sites. This particular dash piece is a surround for the VSA toggle area.

Honda Civic 10th gen Put this in the "people are idiots" file s-l1600-01
Sponsored

Last edited: