Put an END to the Dealer Naughty List

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
I would wait for the 2018s anyhow. Soon as they hit the book values of the 2017s hit at 3-5k under msrp.
i don't think they will drop that much tbh, this is a honda which already holds it's value well, i mean the 2015si is still worth a lot of money and it's 3 years old and
I've heard people say that for years - especially dealers when they're trying to low-ball you on a trade-in ("Well, we can't give you THAT much on your trade because the new ones are out now.") In my 30 years of car buying and selling experience, I've found price drops to be much more gradual than the "overnight" occurrence some will proclaim.
especially with the CTR< lol > coming from the fact that the 2015 SI's still sell for over 20k new or lightly used lol
Sponsored

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
I would wait for the 2018s anyhow. Soon as they hit the book values of the 2017s hit at 3-5k under msrp.
&& personally i could care less about the value of the car after i purchase as I'm going to keep it till the tires fall off , no intent of ever getting rid of this car that I'm buying

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
&& personally i could care less about the value of the car after i purchase as I'm going to keep it till the tires fall off , no intent of ever getting rid of this car that I'm buying
&& if you do happen to care about depreciation of any sort just lease the car and keep getting the newest CTR as they become available after your lease ends lol problem solved.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Well without knowing just how high the production number will be it's hard to say if prices will drop. If the rate stays at 3000 for 17 and 18 the price may stay high

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Production will increase for 2018. Honda has already confirmed that.

Most of us that were around for the ITR know the reasoning behind it's limited production. Will not be an issue this time around, providing the car sells. :cool:

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
One thing for sure, no one will know what the Honda production figures will be on the CTR for each year ( current ) , it probably be the demand that sets it every year for the car worldwide and here of cause. I hope that prices will stay where they should be and not these crazy figures we are all hearing about.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
...now the dealers that did mark them up can't move them because of the forums for the FOCus RS , trannys going bad already, the horsepower not being representative of what was promised , bad clutch , the list goes on and on lol , it's why i decided not to get one
Interesting. I hadn't been following what's happening with the FoRS but I was on the year+ waiting list for one when they first came out and eventually I cancelled, partly because I was fed up of waiting but also because when I got to test drive one I was surprised that it didn't feel any faster than my Focus ST (275hp), and quite a few people on the forums were saying the same thing - it just didn't feel particularly fast.

Of course this means we're all taking a risk with the CTR by buying one when we haven't had a test drive and there aren't any independent reviews out yet, but given that it's more or less the same engine as the previous CTR and nobody seemed to be complaining about that feeling slow, I'm happy to take a chance!
:thumbsup:

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Interesting. I hadn't been following what's happening with the FoRS but I was on the year+ waiting list for one when they first came out and eventually I cancelled, partly because I was fed up of waiting but also because when I got to test drive one I was surprised that it didn't feel any faster than my Focus ST (275hp), and quite a few people on the forums were saying the same thing - it just didn't feel particularly fast.

Of course this means we're all taking a risk with the CTR by buying one when we haven't had a test drive and there aren't any independent reviews out yet, but given that it's more or less the same engine as the previous CTR and nobody seemed to be complaining about that feeling slow, I'm happy to take a chance!
:thumbsup:
Exactly plus the fors, weighed more too , it was quite heavy tbh
Sponsored