4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone. I see a claim that the XDI injector we offer is simply a Ford injector, and I would like to clear this up.

1. This is NOT a Ford Injector. It is the actual OEM Honda K20C1 Injector core that is modified for more flow.
2. It is a direct bolt in, true fitment. No adapters or pigtails
3. It uses OEM ECU driver settings. There is ONE value in the ECU that has to be changed to run this injector.
4. OEM spray pattern.....The Honda is a round 7 hole spray pattern....the Ford is a Triangular 6 hole spray pattern. This is important to have the proper spray pattern per Honda's design so that you don't spray the plug and valve, and wash off your oil film. The injector angle and placement in the head casting is not the same amongst all DI vehicles.

The Photo on our website is generic, and for good reason. It is to protect us as there are many people trying to figure out what we and XDI have easily perfected.....and run on the cars with great success every day. I think this is a perfect example of that logic in play.

We have MUCH more DI capability on tap. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
how is one to see internal modifications from an exterior picture?

I thought they were just over priced ford injectors (bc of the fomoco in your stock photo) so i moved on with my port setup.
Assumptions can be dangerous when you are repeating something you know nothing about for thousands of people that are reading here. Anyone with questions can just ask....we have been pretty open for the most part. We aren't going to tell people how to do it, and no one has the equipment to do it.

As for core exchange (I think you edited this part of your post)....people don't want used injectors from us when they buy them and I wouldn't put our name behind it. It would be on an exchange basis since they aren't produced one set at a time, and guys don't want to buy a new product and receive a previously used product. On top of that guys don't package stuff well and they often ship things in under someone else's name or a UPS store...they show up with scuffed or broken clips, guys pry them out of the head EEEEK!, and by the time we get them clean and looking like new...you could have paid for new cores.

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Pushing Direct Injection Limits at 480+whp 6FAE8652-73EC-499D-A7BB-5F7E73353A67

505whp on e50 with the smaller 1400cc injector, DI pump, and a basic bolt on turbo. Derf did a nice job on this one. Edit: Pure Turbos stock replacement turbo.

Last edited:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
I think i know whos car this is and he was tuned to 93oct pushing 470whp and 400wtq.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I think i know whos car this is and he was tuned to 93oct pushing 470whp and 400wtq.
Ah. Ok more to it than just Dyno graphs huh.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
No you could be right too, could be 93oct baseline pull before tune. That would align with exactly what i said too.

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Getting close to running out of fuel at that point. The larger injector is another 15-20% more flow. Not sure they had enough turbo to need it.

edit: for clarification that is a Pure Turbos stock replacement turbo

Last edited:

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
@4pistonracing
thers something I’ve been trying to verify. Your site claims the 1400cc injector is 25 percent greater flow than oem Honda injectors. Hondata labels the injectors as 1560ccin hondata flashpro app. So either your injectors flow better than the rating or hondata has it way off. Calculating fuel usage at 375 whp injector duty cycle based on hondata claimed injector size about 2500 total cc usage of fuel. Based upon expected fuel consumption vs horse power this seems to be close. Clearly the stock injectors can’t flow as much as your 1400cc. This is evident by the dyno on the other page running on 1400cc injector making 505whp on ethanol blend.

The only other conclusion I can come to is at higher duty cycles the stock injectors spray pattern breaks down not allowing as much duty cycle. I do know direct injection duty cycle is considerably lower than port.
If we go on the assumption that the stock injector is only 1200cc fuel consumption comes all the way down to NA engine volume levels but in turbo car. Calculates near 2100cc.

Is the k20c1 capable of using fuel that effecient that 2100cc total volume can produce 400 hp??
What’s the injector size of stock?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Getting close to running out of fuel at that point. The larger injector is another 15-20% more flow. Not sure they had enough turbo to need it.

edit: for clarification that is a Pure Turbos stock replacement turbo
Do you have any videos of your monster FK8? I've only seen a shaky camera phone video where it's spinning in 5th gear

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I literally read all 21 pages my question is does it work? is it safe? Hondata have support? Do I need bigger injections? I have all basic bolt ons prl hfi catted downpipe midpipe intercooler charge pipe milltek exhaust I'd like a little more fuel I haven't raced tracked launched my R ever but I was gonna order the Hondata fuel kit but seen this.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I literally read all 21 pages my question is does it work? is it safe? Hondata have support? Do I need bigger injections? I have all basic bolt ons prl hfi catted downpipe midpipe intercooler charge pipe milltek exhaust I'd like a little more fuel I haven't raced tracked launched my R ever but I was gonna order the Hondata fuel kit but seen this.
If you're just looking for a little bit more fuel and don't have a big turbo, you don't need the full Hondata kit. You would never make use of it.

Xtreme-DI has a bolt-on high pressure fuel pump upgrade that will support anything you throw at it on the stock turbo, and when you're ready to go further they also have injectors and (not yet released but soon) fuel lines that can be added just like the full Hondata kit. This item only just became supported a couple of weeks ago which is why there isn't too much info on it in this thread.

Plus, the XDI flows 12% more than Hondata's pump and can rev out to 8000 RPM. Installing it only takes an hour in your garage and you don't have to take a bunch of stuff out because it's right on the top of the engine.

You can order one through me here: https://fk8.clinic/products/xtreme-di-evo-high-pressure-fuel-pump

There's a separate thread discussing this pump here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/xtreme-di-evo-fuel-upgrade-discussion.59559/

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
I literally read all 21 pages my question is does it work? is it safe? Hondata have support? Do I need bigger injections? I have all basic bolt ons prl hfi catted downpipe midpipe intercooler charge pipe milltek exhaust I' d like a little more fuel I haven't raced tracked launched my R ever but I was gonna order the Hondata fuel kit but seen this.
it all depend on power wanted,450-480whp on the oem fsu/meth/right fuel
Sponsored