4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
We sell Vit's package, and with fuel system support ready to go in addition to that. We also sell a prewired port injection harness.

For a 2020 model year or some overseas models, you need the Motec AU package because of the parking sensors, which we also offer.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We sell Vit's package, and with fuel system support ready to go in addition to that. We also sell a prewired port injection harness.

For a 2020 model year or some overseas models, you need the Motec AU package because of the parking sensors, which we also offer.
I'm sorry if I missed it, but could you comment on Hondata/KTuner support for your fuel injection system? What's missing for it to work, or has there been any progress?

I maintain the stickied megathread for parts and tuning the FK8 (which I would love for you to shit on and tell me I'm completely wrong about everything in there btw) and I wanted to add more about the system you have available.

I've heard rumors about it being *possibly* supported on KTuner/Hondata with some really manual work, but how true is that, and what kind of tuning is necessary? What is actually keeping it from working on those platforms, other than vendor lockout?

This is mostly for the thread, but also personally I want to know if I'll ever be able to run fully 4Piston engine parts rather than Hondata. I just know a Motec will probably never happen, especially with my second kid on the way ?

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd love to read it all but I'm so slammed its hard for me to even check back to this thread. I don't want to speak out of place in case they are having other issues.....or no issues at all. I can tell you the guys that have thought they could make it work simply got a low rail pressure fault that they thought they could overcome and were not able to. I don't want to say too much....but there's more.

Motec is a lot of investment, but what I will tell you is its not a bad investment. Most the stuff we buy for our cars gets worn out and isn't worth a damn thing after we use it. I was lucky enough many many years ago to be put onto Motec.....I had that Motec box on multiple cars for over a decade. It was the old Gold M800 box. I got M1 right when it first came out and ran both systems for years. Go look at used Motec units online...ebay...etc. They go for GOOD money. You can sell the damn thing for about what you paid, 10 years later!! I now have a dozen cars, all Motec powered. I have Motec on one of my boats LOL! In the racing world I can take a car that is middle of the pack.....put Motec and my tune on it and all the sudden its top of the class. Instant success because it does what you ask it to do. I've switched cars and put them right to the top, over and over. Then if I need to get out of it or move onto a new project, I can sell and get almost my entire investment out of it. Its like a $300,000 Porsche.......they don't cost what you paid for it. They cost what you paid for it less the amount you sell for.

Honda TCR cars run Motec. Factory Honda race cars use Motec for logging.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd love to read it all but I'm so slammed its hard for me to even check back to this thread. I don't want to speak out of place in case they are having other issues.....or no issues at all. I can tell you the guys that have thought they could make it work simply got a low rail pressure fault that they thought they could overcome and were not able to. I don't want to say too much....but there's more.

Motec is a lot of investment, but what I will tell you is its not a bad investment. Most the stuff we buy for our cars gets worn out and isn't worth a damn thing after we use it. I was lucky enough many many years ago to be put onto Motec.....I had that Motec box on multiple cars for over a decade. It was the old Gold M800 box. I got M1 right when it first came out and ran both systems for years. Go look at used Motec units online...ebay...etc. They go for GOOD money. You can sell the damn thing for about what you paid, 10 years later!! I now have a dozen cars, all Motec powered. I have Motec on one of my boats LOL! In the racing world I can take a car that is middle of the pack.....put Motec and my tune on it and all the sudden its top of the class. Instant success because it does what you ask it to do. I've switched cars and put them right to the top, over and over. Then if I need to get out of it or move onto a new project, I can sell and get almost my entire investment out of it. Its like a $300,000 Porsche.......they don't cost what you paid for it. They cost what you paid for it less the amount you sell for.

Honda TCR cars run Motec. Factory Honda race cars use Motec for logging.
Right, it's definitely not a bad investment, I've pondered on this before. God knows I probably spent just as much on interest just on the loan for my FK8. I'm a major fuckin' software nerd who's trying to move into the real hardware world with my 'thinkin skills'. Tuning is the coolest shit imaginable.

Maybe one day. God, if I could just rent one and a dyno to play around with..

Thanks for your thoughts and checking back here with the plebs every once in a while, Luke. I'm a sponge for knowledge and you're like the damn tree of knowledge for this platform.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Do we know if there is a good, inexpensive low pressure (in tank) pump available? I'm convinced that mine is crapping out, but my VIN is not included in the recall.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do we know if there is a good, inexpensive low pressure (in tank) pump available? I'm convinced that mine is crapping out, but my VIN is not included in the recall.
Standard 38mm diameter with a few mods to fit it. Or the walbro kit from ultimate

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Standard 38mm diameter with a few mods to fit it. Or the walbro kit from ultimate
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with what's needed to mod the pump. Would you possibly have a link to the specific Walbro pump?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with what's needed to mod the pump. Would you possibly have a link to the specific Walbro pump?
its in the hondata install for their fuel system..

Last edited: