First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
All this because I said this

You guys do this and I’m jumping to ktuner really don’t like how hondata is holding everyone hostage right now with their kit. Make sure to add traction control via timing too!
Honestly @18RRtypeR you know your stuff and I like your build
Sponsored

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
All this because I said this

Honestly @18RRtypeR you know your stuff and I like your build
I guess I'll take that as a compliment. I didn't come here to talk shit to people. I just don't like how ktuner pretends like they're interested in helping. I can deal with all the little fan boys who live and breathe ktuner...i get it. Honestly I went with hondata because its more advanced and has more options to run a big turbo. If i lived in an area with no emissions I'd be using motec...but that's to much of a headache to go back and forth. I hope ktuner does back a fuel solution to help everyone who's using their product. I'd still have ktuner if they would've been more willing to help. But I'm very happy with hondata and I have no regrets. Have a good day.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Think one of the items I am curious about is how will Hondata handle giving out the software key in order to utilize their HPFP control. Yes they provide the key when you purchase their kit. However at what cost will it be to obtain the key if you wanted to go a different route like the Extreme-DI or whatever might be being developed we don't know about. I don't believe it will be free since if it was going to be why require a key at all to begin with. Price of unlocking this feature may offset going a different route away from the Hondata HPFP kit and they probably done all of this with purpose.

Now I will also add I respect both Hondata and Ktuner. I appreciate the work and development they do to further the performance of our vehicles. Hope both of them has surprises for us.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Think one of the items I am curious about is how will Hondata handle giving out the software key in order to utilize their HPFP control. Yes they provide the key when you purchase their kit. However at what cost will it be to obtain the key if you wanted to go a different route like the Extreme-DI or whatever might be being developed we don't know about. I don't believe it will be free since if it was going to be why require a key at all to begin with. Price of unlocking this feature may offset going a different route away from the Hondata HPFP kit and they probably done all of this with purpose.

Now I will also add I respect both Hondata and Ktuner. I appreciate the work and development they do to further the performance of our vehicles. Hope both of them has surprises for us.
Might work like hp tuners credit system or if they work in partner with someone like xdi...when you purchase the pump they may
supply the key with it at no charge since they're working together...its all speculation at this point. Something at this point is better than nothing. Honestly, the hondata fuel system is probably all I'm going to need for the level of power I want...but for others xdi should be much better.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag

It requires a key that you get only when you buy the kit. It’s in the kit. Only one person can use the key at one time. It’s not a credit system. It’s only for hondata fuel system it dies not unlock any settings you can control. It forces you to only use hondata fuel system. hondata kit is priced too high. I can get an upgraded fuel pump and 8 injectors for the new corvette zr1 for cheaper!!

hptuners pays to unlock modules not features.All features are ALWAYS included. I had it in my 2013 camaro zl1. It was 299 fir programmer and 2 credits for ecu and one credit for fuel pump module. It’s only 49 per credit. If I had an automatic transmission it would have been one more credit. 500 dollars total. Much cheaper than hondata. You pay to unlock an ecu and NEVER need to buy another programmer. You can unlock any preflashed car also. Since the hpfp is run by ecu no further credits are required.

Ktuner is more like hptuners in the since it’s not locked to Only one type of car. You can remove it and tune a totally different car. The software does that work. Hondata makes you pay more cause you constantly have to buy a new programmer. Which is another thing I’m not a fan of cause the hardware is the same. People who bought an si then switched to type r and had a v2 can use the same programmer.
hptuners is a very large company. I contacted them and currently are not going to support the type r. Cobb said they love the platform but do not have the resources cause they are at capacity with what they are doing now.
im not biased to either company ktuner or hondata. Truth be told I have both units. Both have advantages. It’s a matter of time before Hondata’s hand will be forced to unlock more fuel pump parameters to public. Their fuel system is absolutely maxed out on e30 at 475whp. Hardly an upgrade when you consider the gain in fuel. People are going to want e85 on a bigger tutbo. That zr1 upgrade I was talking about adds over 40 percent more fuel for less money. Hondata kit essential takes you from 400whpto 500whp. That’s the most expensive 100whp I’ve ever seen with fuel!! That zr1 fuel upgrade was able to go from 800whp to over 1200whp. For cheaper!! It’s all direct injection as well

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
It requires a key that you get only when you buy the kit. It’s in the kit. Only one person can use the key at one time. It’s not a credit system. It’s only for hondata fuel system it dies not unlock any settings you can control. It forces you to only use hondata fuel system. hondata kit is priced too high. I can get an upgraded fuel pump and 8 injectors for the new corvette zr1 for cheaper!!

hptuners pays to unlock modules not features.All features are ALWAYS included. I had it in my 2013 camaro zl1. It was 299 fir programmer and 2 credits for ecu and one credit for fuel pump module. It’s only 49 per credit. If I had an automatic transmission it would have been one more credit. 500 dollars total. Much cheaper than hondata. You pay to unlock an ecu and NEVER need to buy another programmer. You can unlock any preflashed car also. Since the hpfp is run by ecu no further credits are required.

Ktuner is more like hptuners in the since it’s not locked to Only one type of car. You can remove it and tune a totally different car. The software does that work. Hondata makes you pay more cause you constantly have to buy a new programmer. Which is another thing I’m not a fan of cause the hardware is the same. People who bought an si then switched to type r and had a v2 can use the same programmer.
hptuners is a very large company. I contacted them and currently are not going to support the type r. Cobb said they love the platform but do not have the resources cause they are at capacity with what they are doing now.
im not biased to either company ktuner or hondata. Truth be told I have both units. Both have advantages. It’s a matter of time before Hondata’s hand will be forced to unlock more fuel pump parameters to public. Their fuel system is absolutely maxed out on e30 at 475whp. Hardly an upgrade when you consider the gain in fuel. People are going to want e85 on a bigger tutbo. That zr1 upgrade I was talking about adds over 40 percent more fuel for less money. Hondata kit essential takes you from 400whpto 500whp. That’s the most expensive 100whp I’ve ever seen with fuel!! That zr1 fuel upgrade was able to go from 800whp to over 1200whp. For cheaper!! It’s all direct injection as well
I agree with you here.

FWIW, I use the same hptuner setup on both my Camaros. If I remember correctly I had to buy 2 extra credits to tune my ZL1. But, considering what you get, it’s money well spent.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
. Hondata kit essential takes you from 400whpto 500whp. That’s the most expensive 100whp I’ve ever seen with fuel!!
Hondata is a software company, not fuel injection manufacturer.. Someone will eventually figure out its just oem parts from another car for 1/10th the price.

You can even look at bosch motorsport pumps and see they are similar in style/shape.

I have port injection and can run what ever fuel i want.. motec will be tuned to leave DI pump at 75% and port takes over the rest.. and clean my valves

Honda Civic 10th gen Pushing Direct Injection Limits at 480+whp IMG_20200613_150738

Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Hondata is a software company, not fuel injection manufacturer.. Someone will eventually figure out its just oem parts from another car for 1/10th the price.

You can even look at bosch motorsport pumps and see they are similar in style/shape.

I have port injection and can run what ever fuel i want.. motec will be tuned to leave DI pump at 75% and port takes over the rest.. and clean my valves

IMG_20200613_150738.jpg
You're not wrong about it's OEM parts, but Hondata won't give you the free code to tune the Pump and injectors unless you've purchased it from them.

Looks like MOTEC or SYVECS is the way to go to get port injection support, and thus more support past 550whp.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're not wrong about it's OEM parts, but Hondata won't give you the free code to tune the Pump and injectors unless you've purchased it from them.

Looks like MOTEC or SYVECS is the way to go to get port injection support, and thus more support past 550whp.
Good luck spending $10k

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Heres where k tuner steps in and finds out what parts they are then offer the upgrade software for free.. all while offering a trade in program for their used hondatas for a discount on a new unit from them.. Would be a great thing to witness.

Good luck spending $10k
Most people dont see the value in a real ecu, I get it, they've never had one to understand what they have.. 99% of CTR owners are ok with a flash tuner, and thats fine.. the oem is a bosch unit which is very capable in its own up to a point.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heres where k tuner steps in and finds out what parts they are then offer the upgrade software for free.. all while offering a trade in program for their used hondatas for a discount on a new unit from them.. Would be a great thing to witness.

Most people dont see the value in a real ecu, I get it, they've never had one to understand what they have.. 99% of CTR owners are ok with a flash tuner, and thats fine.. the oem is a bosch unit which is very capable in its own up to a point.
Yes....dreams are wonderful things to have!!!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

you can also go like split second for port injection but thats a piggy back controller. It'll cost you close to what the hondata fuel kit would cost though.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you can also go like split second for port injection but thats a piggy back controller. It'll cost you close to what the hondata fuel kit would cost though.
I've made a lot of power with them on Mazdaspeed 3.. don't know why they haven't tried them on the civic si.. I know they have with type r but I haven't personally seen much info from it

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag