TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im asking because it was supposed to be tested on a stock car as well
Stock cars don’t make money, adding upgraded parts (“parts” in plural) to stock cars do. Which is perfectly understandable from a business perspective.
Sponsored

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
@KTuner just curious if you had any other new stuff coming for the type r? I know everyone likes to talk crap and say ktuner has giving up but surely not? When you do release updates do you have like a page you can go so what things have changed or been added like a update notes or something.....just curious.
Good luck ever getting a quality answer from K Tuner. I just checked and from what I can tell, they haven't updated the version since I bought mine over a year ago. They rarely communicate with the public (surprised they commented here) and when they do, it's short 1 liner answers that usually are smart-ass comments. Their customer service is utterly terrible. Regret ever giving them my money.

Sorry for the side rant.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Good luck ever getting a quality answer from K Tuner. I just checked and from what I can tell, they haven't updated the version since I bought mine over a year ago. They rarely communicate with the public (surprised they commented here) and when they do, it's short 1 liner answers that usually are smart-ass comments. Their customer service is utterly terrible. Regret ever giving them my money.

Sorry for the side rant.
never had anny issue with them,full answer,fast email,also the fk8 isn't like the other platform,btw you can do a lot with the software no need more options,anti lag kill,the only thing i could see is the traction control that could be added

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update 4/2/2020

Hi all. I've been getting what seems to be floods of emails recently regarding fuel system compatibility and ECU control. Some are questions about wastegate control, some are "why is my 600hp turbo setup making 420hp?", but most seem to revolve around fuel control with the stock ECU.

Right now there is no stock ECU solution that works with this XDI fuel pump, that we know of.

We HAVE had customers use the high flow fuel injectors on the stock ECU. Seems like they are making 430-450hp on basic bolt-on turbos, and we had a report of occasional low rail pressure codes that they had to clear. I've had a couple guys run the fuel pump, and they get low rail pressure codes immediately and the car goes into limp mode. My recommendation for guys that are adamant about the stock ECU is to contact the software companies and see if they are interested in supporting it. They are really good people, and they always push the capabilities of their stuff as the demand increases.

Of course the simple solution has been $6800 MoTeC. I know its frustrating, I know its not what people want to hear. All of these small hurdles with this car are easily overcome by using this ECU, and while everyone is fussing with all the basics, some of us that bit that bullet will continue to be scooting around on 600hp setups enjoying them. I've had 2 customers running the fuel system with with other motorsports type ECUs as well.

I know its not what you want to hear, but I really do hate to see guys wasting their time and money, and then not able to enjoy their cars. I did this for my own personal project, and it was so damn easy. I could care less if I sell a single one, I'm just sharing the things I've done for my own project and hoping to make things easier on guys. Its a badass pump and it works flawless. I jump in and go, and my car is stupid fast....drives perfect. Anyone that wants a turn key 500whp car.....600whp car....800whp car....I'm happy to help with that. Its easy breezy.

I don't want to discourage emails or contact....but thought this was due for an update. Keep them coming, I'm happy to help.

Honda Civic 10th gen Pushing Direct Injection Limits at 480+whp IMG_1005

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update 4/2/2020

Hi all. I've been getting what seems to be floods of emails recently regarding fuel system compatibility and ECU control. Some are questions about wastegate control, some are "why is my 600hp turbo setup making 420hp?", but most seem to revolve around fuel control with the stock ECU.

Right now there is no stock ECU solution that works with this XDI fuel pump, that we know of.

We HAVE had customers use the high flow fuel injectors on the stock ECU. Seems like they are making 430-450hp on basic bolt-on turbos, and we had a report of occasional low rail pressure codes that they had to clear. I've had a couple guys run the fuel pump, and they get low rail pressure codes immediately and the car goes into limp mode. My recommendation for guys that are adamant about the stock ECU is to contact the software companies and see if they are interested in supporting it. They are really good people, and they always push the capabilities of their stuff as the demand increases.

Of course the simple solution has been $6800 MoTeC. I know its frustrating, I know its not what people want to hear. All of these small hurdles with this car are easily overcome by using this ECU, and while everyone is fussing with all the basics, some of us that bit that bullet will continue to be scooting around on 600hp setups enjoying them. I've had 2 customers running the fuel system with with other motorsports type ECUs as well.

I know its not what you want to hear, but I really do hate to see guys wasting their time and money, and then not able to enjoy their cars. I did this for my own personal project, and it was so damn easy. I could care less if I sell a single one, I'm just sharing the things I've done for my own project and hoping to make things easier on guys. Its a badass pump and it works flawless. I jump in and go, and my car is stupid fast....drives perfect. Anyone that wants a turn key 500whp car.....600whp car....800whp car....I'm happy to help with that. Its easy breezy.

I don't want to discourage emails or contact....but thought this was due for an update. Keep them coming, I'm happy to help.

IMG_1005.jpg
Who's the software companies for the ecu's?

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Hondata is in the process of releasing their own fuel system...I highly doubt they will support anything else. Honestly, I dont think any of these companies truly give a shit about helping anyone.
I know I’m just being wishful

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Update 4/2/2020

IMG_1005.jpg
What kind of times are you running on this setup? Would Syvecs work on this too?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So hondata it is :(. That sucks, maybe down the road something changes. It will be fine for a pump gas drop in turbo setup. Probably more than I'd be willing to invest to fully build the car anyway.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Update 4/2/2020

IMG_1005.jpg
@KTuner Please jump on this. This and other features I would be willing to pay an add on cost.

OP
OP
4piston

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
@KTuner Please jump on this. This and other features I would be willing to pay an add on cost.
My customer that said he was hooked up with Ktuner bought and received the pump....never called back. As far as I know he never called Ktuner either.
Sponsored