Pushed my deposit out.... out of a CTR now.

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Got a call that woke me up this morning from my guy at Leith Honda Aberdeen, NC saying that a regular who purchases cars there wanted the CTR and that another manager overrode his sale (to me, deposit taken) and that they will be selling that CTR to the regular. What a load of bullshit this experience has been for me.

I am awaiting a call back from the General manager to discuss this because apparently this hasn't got up to him yet.
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Got a call that woke me up this morning from my guy at Leith Honda Aberdeen, NC saying that a regular who purchases cars there wanted the CTR and that another manager overrode his sale (to me, deposit taken) and that they will be selling that CTR to the regular. What a load of bullshit this experience has been for me.

I am awaiting a call back from the General manager to discuss this because apparently this hasn't got up to him yet.
This is utter balderdash. We need to train an unemployed millennial to do this job solely and take the drudgery out of it for us all, once in for all! I'm not happy about this and it shows, doesn't it.

Last edited:

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Very sorry, man. With these things hitting the dealerships any day now, there's no doubt in my mind that more of these situations are going to pop up. Hope it works out for you.

kaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black FK8 | 2017 Sonic Grey FK7
Country flag
if you have a signed contract or purchase order, can you threaten to take legal action? that always scares them straight :thumbsup:

optogirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R
WOW sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have a better shot with a different dealership. It sucks, but money talks. Greedy mfs!

Apexial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
I would rage so hard. Would literally call a lawyer. Taking a deposit is a legally binding agreement. Granted there are details and circumstances that can change things, they can't just sell it to someone else.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
The regular just let his money talk and BS walk. No wait, the regular joe did both, developed a solid relationship and cashed in his chips. i wonder, though, how regular was he to override a cash deposit. how many cars could he have bought, really. something doesn't sit right unless he agreed to pay more which is what I suspect and not just cause he knows someone. should that be self-expl here? I mean, if that is true then this is re-dic cause OP's money is just as good as regular joe. I mean, we've all bought multiple cars before and that don't even get us a super duper low price so how much pull can a regular have if it is not just about the money and to exclusion of all else?

Last edited:

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
That sucks. They should have never taken a deposit and given you dibs if there was any chance they would back out. I do understand that in the world of exclusivity and limited/special products, that a customer who has previous buying history usually has preference. And, that's fine, I get it, but only if they set that expectation from the beginning. If they were going to do that, then they should never have taken your deposit. Instead they should have told you that it was yet to be determined who would get it first, or just say it was already committed.

Definitely not cool how they handled this and hopefully the GM will do what is right. Probably the "regular" just found out about it (which means they are not much of a true enthusiast if you ask me), but has probably bought many times before or has deep pockets. That would be a hard situation for the dealer/sales people to be in once that guy contacted them... but bottom line, don't make promises to others if you can't keep them!

pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 R32 GTR, 2010 WRX STi, 2002 EP3 SiR
Sorry to hear :(. Hope whoever made the call gets some karma back someday.

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
I would rage so hard. Would literally call a lawyer. Taking a deposit is a legally binding agreement. Granted there are details and circumstances that can change things, they can't just sell it to someone else.
I'm pretty certain a deposit is not a legally binding agreement. In fact, the only legally binding agreement would be if in fact the OP signed a LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. The deposit will be refunded, it's not like they money is being kept. That is not to say the OP couldn't get a lawyer, but if you know anything about how our wonderful legal system works, the OP would just get drained of his hard earned money paying a lawyer to fight a dealership (which likely is owned by a much bigger company) that has many more resources to fight with, and possibly (likely) still win the case. Sorry, just being devil's advocate. Like I said in previous post, it sucks, don't get me wrong. And it totally isn't right. But I don't think it's illegal.

I would DEFINITELY rage hard, though. I would rage through dealer's social media and all the local auto enthusiasts and clubs to make the dealer pay for it in other ways.

stlnative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
That sucks I would be pissed. That's why I'm waiting until 2018 to try and get one

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's absolute BS. I would be furious. The legal route may not work unfortunately, but put them on blast EVERYWHERE online. Include names. This behavior should be unacceptable.

ShaneP865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I had a deposit for an agreed MSRP I would be worried.............these dealers smell blood in the water.

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
Yea, you need to speak to the General Manager, maybe even the dealer principal. Be calm, show your frustration...and let them know you'll blast them on every social media outlet for this, which is within your right to do so. That's, if you really really want the car.

You know what, f them, let them have it!!
Sponsored