Push button start

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have no idea what out of this world car your driving. All cars ony require brake push and one push of the button, not even holding it. Is this really a question people are arguing on overhere?
If it really is the way your describing it, something is obviously not right.
All cars? Only a brake push + pushbutton? Wrong.

Manual trans Civic only requires clutch push + pushbutton start. Brake push + pushbutton start = NO start
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Something isn't adding up, if you're not pressing the brake and clutch then the car should never start (not even on the 3rd time), if you are pressing the brake and clutch it should start on the 1st push. Unless there's some 'feature' to make it work like yours is then I'd say the dealership needs to take a look.
I'll just leave this here ..

Honda Civic 10th gen Push button start 20190403_162044

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
All cars? Only a brake push + pushbutton? Wrong.

Manual trans Civic only requires clutch push + pushbutton start. Brake push + pushbutton start = NO start
:rolleyes1:...
Your either trolling, or I dont know what really. The "clutch" is only added in a manual trans, I am talking in general.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All cars ony require brake push and one push of the button, not even holding it.
You said ALL cars only require brake push and one push of the button. I was just pointing out that you don't have to touch the brake pedal in an MT car. But I guess now manuals aren't in the ALL category. Not trolling, but if you'd like to see it that way, have at it. :rolleyes1:...

OP
OP
hcivic12

hcivic12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018
Country flag
OK I dont know whats going on with my car haha.
I made some test and thats what I found:
I have to wait like 2-3 seconds after I enter the car to push the start button and actually start the car with my first push.
If I dont wait those 2-3 seconds, ill have to push it two or three times to start the car

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone,
I puchased my 18 Si a month ago and I have a dumb question.
How many times do you have to press the push button start for the car to actually start ?
For me, its seems like sometimes I have to push it twice and sometimes three times.

How many times is it suppose to be ?

Thanks
I have noticed that it sometimes takes a second push, but I chalk that up to the clutch not being depressed that last little bit.
Sponsored