Pure Turbos PS2 Turbo Upgrade

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm first time hearing of 27won turbos cracking. Yall putting in more then 30psi? Think I remember Derek saying that the 27won turbos seem to have some issues after 30psi.
Due to excessive heat
27Won Turbo Blown
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any new news on the Pure Turbo? After re-reading this thread, I'm disappointed that the $800 core charge is on top of the $1550. I already have a stock turbo and could possibly send in the Si turbo. I'm currently looking for dyno plots of the Pure Turbo's lowend. I want the same lowend as stock but definitely not worse. With more midrange and topend hp because I'm greedy.

No sense posting a brand new thread on this. So Necro'ing a Necro Thread.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Any new news on the Pure Turbo? After re-reading this thread, I'm disappointed that the $800 core charge is on top of the $1550. I already have a stock turbo and could possibly send in the Si turbo. I'm currently looking for dyno plots of the Pure Turbo's lowend. I want the same lowend as stock but definitely not worse. With more midrange and topend hp because I'm greedy.

No sense posting a brand new thread on this. So Necro'ing a Necro Thread.
I have it on my sport hatch 6MT

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any thoughts? Have you measured any before and after times?
Sorry I haven't measured 1/4 mile times both before and after. All I know is its faster for sure hahah.

As far as the cost goes I bought it from TSP so there was no tax or shipping charge (around $1100) and dropped off my extra turbo to PureTurbos since I'm an Oceanside local. You only need to pay $800 extra if they provide the turbo.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry I haven't measured 1/4 mile times both before and after. All I know is its faster for sure hahah.

As far as the cost goes I bought it from TSP so there was no tax or shipping charge (around $1100) and dropped off my extra turbo to PureTurbos since I'm an Oceanside local. You only need to pay $800 extra if they provide the turbo.
This is good to know. Thanks for the cost information. I've been burned a couple times on people saying how they 'feel' something is. So will wait to see if any hard numbers come out. ;)

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is good to know. Thanks for the cost information. I've been burned a couple times on people saying how they 'feel' something is. So will wait to see if any hard numbers come out. ;)
Not sure what "hard numbers" you are looking for. It's been dyno tested on other cars with DRob as the test tuner and made good numbers, dyno sheets are on the site.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what "hard numbers" you are looking for. It's been dyno tested on other cars with DRob as the test tuner and made good numbers, dyno sheets are on the site.
it make ok #s by DRob and he said it's more lazy than the W1 as well as saying he doesn't recommend anyone get a modified stock turbo

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pure turbo vs stock turbo, both fully tuned on 91-93 octane fuel. Want to see how the lowend looks compared to each other.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pure turbo vs stock turbo, both fully tuned on 91-93 octane fuel. Want to see how the lowend looks compared to each other.
Well you know DRob has lots of dyno graphs of stock turbo fully tuned on pump fuel

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks @LilToTo17. I was looking for results on the same car but this will have to do. 250whp vs 295whp is significant. Peak torque stock is reached at around 3250rpm vs 4400rpm with the Pure unit. So..it's a small compromise of sorts. Thanks!

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn’t w1 make same power with better spool?

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it make ok #s by DRob and he said it's more lazy than the W1 as well as saying he doesn't recommend anyone get a modified stock turbo
You're right its a tad lazy compared to the W1. This is to be expected with a 9 blade vs 11 blade turbine. The difference in flow is probably comparable to the OEM non Si and OEM Si turbos. I'm an Oceanside local and have known about Pure for sometime ever since, they have high power cars running their hybrid turbos and just about any hybrid design retaining an OEM or OEM shape housing while increasing the turbine and compressor diameter, you would need to take off some material from the inside to make these larger wheels fit, W1 is no different. The only you would really get a thicker housing while having bigger wheels is just getting a bigger turbo itself like the ones PRL offers and skip the hybrid stuff.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks @LilToTo17. I was looking for results on the same car but this will have to do. 250whp vs 295whp is significant. Peak torque stock is reached at around 3250rpm vs 4400rpm with the Pure unit. So..it's a small compromise of sorts. Thanks!
I used to think it wasn't a big deal until a drove a TSP stage 2 si (E blend, stock turbo) and notice how much snappier it was down low compared to the lethargic feel on my sport hatch at those same RPMs. My sport would pull all the way to redline though(pump gas tune)
Sponsored