First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I torch my fx350. I'll probably be going spec.
Same lol, I’ve already put 15k miles on mine and I don’t enjoy it too much. Just can’t decide if I wanna do aluminum or steel
Sponsored

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think it's important to also point out that the 27WON W1 is not just about power (which is oddly similar), but also the "from scratch design". This negates the concern about a core, which you guys already pointed out, but also the fact that since we did design from scratch we were able to utilize a larger CHRA with larger bearings, seals and greater cooling capacity. A re-manufactured OE turbo (from my knowledge) will not provide you with the larger CHRA and thus you are stuck using OE size and quality bearings.
Our goal was not just power, but long-term reliability as well.
The turbocharger that validated our testing is still currently in-use after 50+ dyno pulls, a handful of record setting 1/4 mile runs, and pushing 25K miles of road and track use.
Is the car still on stock internal?

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
I think it's important to also point out that the 27WON W1 is not just about power (which is oddly similar), but also the "from scratch design". This negates the concern about a core, which you guys already pointed out, but also the fact that since we did design from scratch we were able to utilize a larger CHRA with larger bearings, seals and greater cooling capacity. A re-manufactured OE turbo (from my knowledge) will not provide you with the larger CHRA and thus you are stuck using OE size and quality bearings.
Our goal was not just power, but long-term reliability as well.
The turbocharger that validated our testing is still currently in-use after 50+ dyno pulls, a handful of record setting 1/4 mile runs, and pushing 25K miles of road and track use.
Then why do I keep hearing that, so many are cracking?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
ahh.....seems like yesterday...

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
right im going to do pure upgrade when i do it because for that reason, theres been alot of those cases lately
Any idea on pures Ps2 track record for civics? Seems like boring out a small turbo to upgrade internals may end up cracked or break as well. But I really have no idea. I have reason to believe that my stock turbo is leaking some oil out the hot side and burning. The car only has 18000 miles. When I sit and idle for a bit and then take off the smoke billows out. It doesn’t really smoke while driving unless I really get on it. All My spark plugs are clean and compression is 215 across all 4. Hoping a new turbsky will fix the issue, hell y not upgrade in the process.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Any idea on pures Ps2 track record for civics? Seems like boring out a small turbo to upgrade internals may end up cracked or break as well. But I really have no idea. I have reason to believe that my stock turbo is leaking some oil out the hot side and burning. The car only has 18000 miles. When I sit and idle for a bit and then take off the smoke billows out. It doesn’t really smoke while driving unless I really get on it. All My spark plugs are clean and compression is 215 across all 4. Hoping a new turbsky will fix the issue, hell y not upgrade in the process.
thats
i havent heard or seen anyone blow a pure upgraded turbo. My car has 20000 miles and the turbo is still good

Reactions: Myx

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats
i havent heard or seen anyone blow a pure upgraded turbo. My car has 20000 miles and the turbo is still good
Most common thing people saw was cracked wastegate

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm first time hearing of 27won turbos cracking. Yall putting in more then 30psi? Think I remember Derek saying that the 27won turbos seem to have some issues after 30psi.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: Myx