Purchasing a new car, maybe.

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
So I'm talking with some dealerships in the Charlotte NC ares and the best deal I have gotten for a 2017 Civic sedan EX-T manual transmission is $21,500 OTD, including mud flaps, trunk tray and wheel locks. Now the problem with all the dealerships I've spoken with is the availability of a manual transmission, the only one that can say for sure they can get me one is only available in Burgundy Red, probably my least favorite color. They said they can't lower the price any more than what it is at, but if I get a CVT, I can get one for $22,000 OTD with the color I want it in (cosmic blue). Depending on how much a new paint job is, it might be better for me to just purchase the CVT and save some money, or just drive around with an ugly car for a while until I can change the color. Any ideas on what I should do?
Sponsored

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
VERY few Burgundy Red Civic's out there in general. Only a handful in manual EX-T trim I believe. The color can grow on you. What absolutely cannot grow on you is if you're a manual driver and get a CVT. You'll hate it probably right after you leave the dealership. A dual clutch like the GTI is liveable. But still not the same. I say without a doubt stick with a manual.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
$22k is a lot of money to throw at something and not get exactly what you want. Keep looking, wait eight months and you'll have 2018 stock around the corner. Look into getting a vehicle transferred or traded between dealers.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Why the hell would you just settle for a car with a color and tranny you hate? You get it, you'll regret it. Just wait, it's not like they're gonna stop making Civic's anytime soon.

Patience is a virtue that nobody has these days seems like.

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Why the hell would you just settle for a car with a color and tranny you hate? You get it, you'll regret it. Just wait, it's not like they're gonna stop making Civic's anytime soon.

Patience is a virtue that nobody has these days seems like.
100% agree. Unless your current ride's wheels are about to fall off or the engine explode, I'd wait. You'll be happier and have no regrets.

I think someone above mentioned a dealer trade too, an option that might be worth exploring. I got the color I wanted through a dealer trade and I made them honor our original offer. My only gripe is that it drove itself from the dealer like 150 miles - I wanted that feeling of looking at single-digit miles when I first sat down in it :D

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Dealer trade is the way to go. They WILL do it, trust me. They aren't gonna a lose your business, unless they're stupid. I told my dealer I wanted my green Coupe or I was leaving, they had it the next day. It's your money, be a little forceful about it. Not rude, but forceful. Tell them they can get you the car you want, or you can go somewhere else. It's not like there is a shortage of new car dealers. ;)

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My only gripe is that it drove itself from the dealer like 150 miles - I wanted that feeling of looking at single-digit miles when I first sat down in it :D
The added miles are 100% why I would never do a dealer trade. I used to live by 2 different dealerships with the gas station for them to fill up down my street. It was absolutely terrible how they treated the new cars. At WOT constantly up and down the street. Cars weren't warmed up either. I really cringed when they did it with a brand new GT-R. You always see one person in the car, with the colored sales work shirt. They weren't the mechanics, though I'm sure that happens as well. If they did this on pretty much every car to get gas for a few blocks, I can only imagine what they do for long distance dealer trades. If you did a dealer trade, you can assume it was redlined on the way. Probably a few times.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Sometimes I would agree with you, but not always. My salesman himself went and got my car and drove it back. I've known the guy awhile, so I'm not worried about mine.

Also, what do you think alot of people do on test drives? A little WOT here and there isn't gonna hurt a thing. ;)
Sponsored