Purchasing 1.5 T vs. 2.0 NA for 2019

MNcivic19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
I am in the market for a compact car in the next few months and the Civic is at the top of my list. My question is: should I be looking at the 2.0 NA considering the current issues with the 1.5 Turbo regarding oil dilution?

A little background.... I am living in Minnesota where we obviously see very cold temps. The business I work for is expanding rapidly and required them to purchase a building just down the road where I need to make multiple short trips during the day. This is temporary, but definitely not easy on ANY car.

I was looking at the EX-T for all the heated seats and goodies, but after doing some research on here and other forums, it seems as if this oil dilution problem isn't fully understood even with the current "fix" Honda rolled out. My main concern is long term reliability/maintenance costs. Should I just play it safe with the LX, or is this issue being blown out of proportion?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
1.5 engine oil dilution is currently an issue but yeah its definitely being exaggerated and it shouldn't stop you from buying one. I'd say it Depends whether you need a little extra power or not. The 2.0 engine does deliver more than enough power in general but the 1.5 adds a little more to that. You could also get the 2.0 sport sedan that offers the upgraded headunit, dash, and some features apart from the heated seats. I personally have a 2.0 and I find it great and have no complaints, but if you do want a little more power and heated seats, get 1.5.

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I am in the market for a compact car in the next few months and the Civic is at the top of my list. My question is: should I be looking at the 2.0 NA considering the current issues with the 1.5 Turbo regarding oil dilution?

A little background.... I am living in Minnesota where we obviously see very cold temps. The business I work for is expanding rapidly and required them to purchase a building just down the road where I need to make multiple short trips during the day. This is temporary, but definitely not easy on ANY car.

I was looking at the EX-T for all the heated seats and goodies, but after doing some research on here and other forums, it seems as if this oil dilution problem isn't fully understood even with the current "fix" Honda rolled out. My main concern is long term reliability/maintenance costs. Should I just play it safe with the LX, or is this issue being blown out of proportion?
I've been there. Picked the Civic Si, because the dealer I bought from comes with lifetime limited powertrain warranty and I drive a lot.

DarthMaul40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Comfort HB, 1.0 Turbo, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the 2.0 NA engine is directly injected so susceptible to some degree of oil dilution as well.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the 2.0 NA engine is directly injected so susceptible to some degree of oil dilution as well.
2.0 has sequential port injection not direct injection.
Sponsored