Purchased Touring model last Friday

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I noticed on the test drive on the right instrument gage ( where the fuel is) there is a manual knob - what does that do ?
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Instrument panel brightness level.
If we are talking about the same knob, it also selects Trip A or B, resets the trip odo, and cycles the information display states. A very handy little knob.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If we are talking about the same knob, it also selects Trip A or B, resets the trip odo, and cycles the information display states. A very handy little knob.
I've always liked having Trip A/B reset and panel brightness as buttons. It used to be buttons on the 8th gens and now it is on higher level Acura models. Always thought the knob was cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I've always liked having Trip A/B reset and panel brightness as buttons. It used to be buttons on the 8th gens and now it is on higher level Acura models. Always thought the know was cheap.
Same here on the buttons, coming from 8th gen also. We even lose the two brightness settings for headlights on or off.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
They should offer a way to defeat that.
That'd be going against what they're trying to achieve with the Sport setting though - the gear changes giving you more of a feeling of a traditional sporty car accelerating, rather than feel like an electric car accelerating in a single gear.

Heres a question for anyone who knows. Does the Sport mode actually give you faster acceleration ability or just gives you the feeling of it by how the CVT mimics gear changes?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I would think lowering the RPM just to simulate a shift should mean Sport is actually slower.

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Well today is the day I finally get to pick up my Civic. I'm actually shaking with anticipation of the 2.5 hr drive home, snow storm and all! Now to get the winter tires (Nokian Hakka 8) on in a week or two to make sure I don't hit the rhubarb or wrap it around a telephone pole. If it's not snowing too hard in North Bay, I'll snap a few pics and post here. Still debating the rear spoiler install.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations, drive careful. Noted you didn't test drive a 1.5 turbo. Your in for a really wonderful surprise. Remember to wipe the smile off your face if you get pulled over by the man.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I would think lowering the RPM just to simulate a shift should mean Sport is actually slower.
Unless the Sport mode actually lets the engine rev up quicker. I'm not sure it does though. It'd be interesting to see a back to back acceleration tests with sport on and off.

Well today is the day I finally get to pick up my Civic. I'm actually shaking with anticipation of the 2.5 hr drive home, snow storm and all! Now to get the winter tires (Nokian Hakka 8) on in a week or two to make sure I don't hit the rhubarb or wrap it around a telephone pole. If it's not snowing too hard in North Bay, I'll snap a few pics and post here. Still debating the rear spoiler install.
Congrats and drive safe! Let us know how the car and factory all season Firestone tires do in the snow. And enjoy.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Got a minute for a Touring owner question? Can you confirm if the vehicle has seat/mirror memory tied to the individual key fob used to get in the driver's side? Honda's press release says it does, but it's not documented at all in the OM.
(source: http://hondanews.com/releases/2016-honda-civic-sedan-press-kit-comfort-and-convenience?page=5)

Key Comfort and Convenience Features
  • Driver Preference Settings* (available)
* First for Civic
^ First for Honda

Driver Preferences
The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the car at the same time, the Civic will recognize the keyless remote that approaches the driver's door first.

[from the feature vs. trim level matrix]
Driver Preferences System [EX, EX-T, EX-L, Touring]

baba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Lunar Silver
I test drove a Touring last night. I asked the salesperson and she said it did NOT have seat or mirror memory.
Sponsored