Purchased Touring model last Friday

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
We even lose the two brightness settings for headlights on or off.
The owner's manual says otherwise on p. 162.
The brightness can be set differently for when the exterior lights are on, and when they are off.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Congratulations, drive careful. Noted you didn't test drive a 1.5 turbo. Your in for a really wonderful surprise. Remember to wipe the smile off your face if you get pulled over by the man.
Once I got done playing with all the funky sensing stuff and turned up the stereo I had an ear to ear grin for about a half hour. :)

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Unless the Sport mode actually lets the engine rev up quicker. I'm not sure it does though. It'd be interesting to see a back to back acceleration tests with sport on and off.

Congrats and drive safe! Let us know how the car and factory all season Firestone tires do in the snow. And enjoy.
Thanks,

The engine does rev higher in sport mode, I'll have to check tomorrow by how much.

I didn't hit much snow until about twenty minutes from home and the tires seemed comparable to most all season tires I've run. There were a lot of icy roads and intersections in town and the tires did well. The ABS seems a little more aggressive than my 2006 Civic. By aggressive I mean more braking and less release. The traction control did a good job under hard acceleration, just enough muting of power letting the car accelerate quickly without breaking loose. I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to get the winter tires on and tackle the next snow storm.

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Got a minute for a Touring owner question? Can you confirm if the vehicle has seat/mirror memory tied to the individual key fob used to get in the driver's side? Honda's press release says it does, but it's not documented at all in the OM.
Don't know yet but I don't remember seeing this anywhere during my quick blast through the manual.

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
The owner's manual says otherwise on p. 162.
You are correct, I noticed this on the way home. The instrument lights and Nav screen all dimmed when the auto headlights came on. I then checked it again by turning the lights on and off with the same result. Good job Honda!

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Thanks,

The engine does rev higher in sport mode, I'll have to check tomorrow by how much.

I didn't hit much snow until about twenty minutes from home and the tires seemed comparable to most all season tires I've run. There were a lot of icy roads and intersections in town and the tires did well. The ABS seems a little more aggressive than my 2006 Civic. By aggressive I mean more braking and less release. The traction control did a good job under hard acceleration, just enough muting of power letting the car accelerate quickly without breaking loose. I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to get the winter tires on and tackle the next snow storm.
Congratulations on the car. I'd be interested in hearing the different behavior of the engine between normal and sport mode too, other than the mimicking of gear changes.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Don't know yet but I don't remember seeing this anywhere during my quick blast through the manual.
I've gone through the manual pretty systematically and it says nothing about it. The question is if you've tested it by having different settings with one fob from the other and had it change anything when you get back in with the first fob.
Sponsored