Purchased Touring model last Friday

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Purchased mine last Friday and it should be in at the dealer this week. Decided on a Touring in modern steel metallic skin colour. (yes, colour from Canada) Can't wait to pick it up 2.5 hours away hopefully Nov 14th, last drive in the 305,000 km (190k miles) 2006 Civic EX sedan being donated to my oldest son. I've been very happy with the old Civic so I bought this one sight unseen, no test drive required, thank you! All the test pilot reviews sold me on it. I'll wait to see it in person before putting a spoiler on it but I found it finished the look at the rear end of my old Civic.
Sponsored

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
Wow purchased sight unseen. Congrats on being the first Canadian owner! Post delivery photos when you get the car.

Mind me asking where you're located in Canada and which dealer?

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
I could've sworn the first owner would have been from Canada instead of California but hey, third (or is it fourth now?) isn't bad.

Ultra, are you getting the small decklid spoiler or did you have something else in mind? I dont even know if any other parts exist at the moment besides what Honda is offering.

tnmz6i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord Coupe
Seems like the Touring trim is going to be very popular. Congrats!

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Thanks, looks like my post got moved to its own thread, just getting used to this forum.

I'm in North Eastern Ontario and the dealer is in North Bay, Ontario about 3 hours north of Alliston (Honda plant). Buddy of mine is a sales person there and has treated me well so far. They received three lower trim models (LX, LX-HS & EX) Monday and mine is still on schedule to arrive this week.

I remember reading that the Touring has a small deck lid spoiler but can't remember where I saw this. I really like the look of the wing spoiler I saw on this forum, that's how I got here yesterday. The Canadian website doesn't have as much info on it as compared to the US site but I found a lot more info here, typical awesome forum! I'm currently reading the owner's manual.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Thanks, looks like my post got moved to its own thread, just getting used to this forum.

I'm in North Eastern Ontario and the dealer is in North Bay, Ontario about 3 hours north of Alliston (Honda plant). Buddy of mine is a sales person there and has treated me well so far. They received three lower trim models (LX, LX-HS & EX) Monday and mine is still on schedule to arrive this week.

I remember reading that the Touring has a small deck lid spoiler but can't remember where I saw this. I really like the look of the wing spoiler I saw on this forum, that's how I got here yesterday. The Canadian website doesn't have as much info on it as compared to the US site but I found a lot more info here, typical awesome forum! I'm currently reading the owner's manual.
The Touring has a little lip spoiler. There is also a bigger spoiler with a built in LED brake light available through Honda's Accessories.

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
The Touring has a little lip spoiler. There is also a bigger spoiler with a built in LED brake light available through Honda's Accessories.
The big one is what I have on my 2006 EX, looks good. I looked at the US accessories page and can't get my VIN to work and can't find 2016 Civic section.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Good taste, this is the best looking accessory Honda's shown yet. Are you ordering it?

Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased Touring model last Friday {filename}

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I'm waiting to see the car in person and may add the rear wing later. It's easy to install, I did the one on my old Civic.

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I officially changed the car ordered to a Crystal Black Pearl Touring as the black one arrived at the dealership Nov 13 and the ETA on the gray one is still unknown. Turns out that I prefer the Black and Ivory interior a lot better than all black. I'll add pics from my phone on next post.

Last edited:

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Congrats! Very sharp. How's the acceleration with the turbo? Rear visibility compared to previous gen Civic?

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Acceleration was great, you really notice the low end torque. Keep in mind I'm going from a 300,000 km 140 HP Civic to 174 HP with gobs or torque. I'm very accustomed to CVT transmissions having them in our 120 HP four-stroke snowmobiles and lower powered ATVs so the constant pull is very familiar. I know some like the feel of gears shifting to get that little snap in the neck but honestly, if I could defeat the fake gear shifting crap out of the transmission, I would. There is something to be said about feeling that smooth, uninterrupted acceleration all the way to cruising speed. That fake shift must take a half second off the 0 to 100 km time.

I'm also used to the Ford EcoBoost engine and it's small turbo lag but didn't notice it in the Honda on the short test drive I took. I take possession Nov 21st then heading out on three day road trip into Toronto so I'll make more comments then.

First impression is that the rear window is noticeably smaller than my current 2006 Civic even with it's rear wing spoiler in place. I'll have to get used to that.

taigebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I know some like the feel of gears shifting to get that little snap in the neck but honestly, if I could defeat the fake gear shifting crap out of the transmission, I would. There is something to be said about feeling that smooth, uninterrupted acceleration all the way to cruising speed. That fake shift must take a half second off the 0 to 100 km time.
How does that work exactly ? Is the "fake" gear shifting applied only in Sport Mode ? When you floor it ?

OP
OP

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
The engine RPM drops about 1000 RPM as the vehicle speed increases to mimic an upshift gear change.

See here at about 4:00
Sponsored