Purchased First NEW car ever today, Civic LX Manual

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Adding a tune might give you that little extra you're looking for. The get up and go factor was monstrously affected by the tune I applied to my NA car, even with a "rubberband" transmission. An extra $450 (or less for a resold Ktuner) is definitely worth it. Completely livened up the engine.
Is it ok to use ktuner on cvt? I mean my car is lx sedan 2.0 cvt.
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Over 8 seconds on the 2.0?

You're mistaken.
The manual is definitely under 8 seconds but CVT is probably like 8.2-8.3 ish seconds.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
No one knows for sure how it will effect the transmission, but the tuner adds power, which in turn puts more stress on the transmission. The 2.0 NA transmission comes from the 143 hp generation 9 Civic, so even without a tune the CVT on the 10th gen has 15 extra hp to deal with. If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, I advise against adding a tuner for CVT vehicles.

The interwebs are full of stories of people having trouble with their vehicles that can be tied back to DIY "upgrades". This is why selling vehicles with performance upgrades is problematic. Used-car-buyers want "non-spoiled" cars. Any hint of performance "upgrades" scares them off.
Is the CVT the same one they use on the turbo models though? Or are they different?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Is it ok to use ktuner on cvt? I mean my car is lx sedan 2.0 cvt.
Hondata spent a couple days on the track at 220hp and 220tq with zero effects to the CVT. They wouldn't specify, but torque above 240 started scarring the belt and rings. The 2.0NA has the same CVT as the CRV, so it's actually the tougher version. I've got tune, intake and catless downpipe, and custom tuned with all of the above has been dyno'd at up to 170hp with 153tq, so there's a bit of headroom still.

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
I drove a manual transmission for 20 years lol and i dont want it anymore i mean im getting old. But if i can afford type r or wrx of course ill choose manual transmission.

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
in my country(asia) all the people there drive a manual transmission even the woman know how to drive manual let say 90% drive a manual and 10% drive an auto trans. Some vehicle in our country dont have rpm we just listen or feel the engine to shift gear lol.

I drove all kinds of manual trans From bike,truck,van and sedan and come on lemme drive or experience an automatic transmission now and tbh i dont want to go back to a manual transmission anymore.

But like i said if i can afford type r or wrx ill go back again to a manual transmission. Sorry my english bad :)

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The Si is wayyy more fun then the lx. A back to back test drive will prove that quickly
Sponsored