I just put down a deposit today for a LX. The only thing I knew for certain was I must have a manual transmission. I had some conflict of whether I should get an LX, SI, or a WRX. Pretty much I was told either go all in, and get an STI or nothing $40kish, as in a settle on an LX (less than half the cost of the STI). I don't want to call it nothing, but it was the practical option as I drive 20k miles a year (so gas mileage matters), and this car is intended to be the replacement for my Cavalier, 1994 z24 which i had since 2003. I also have a 350Z which kind of tamed my desire for another higher performance car. Anyways the only manual they had in stock was that metallic gray, and I wasn't a fan of the color. I drove it, I was okay with the performance, then they had a black lx and it however really caught my eye. I loved the color but it was a rubberband transmission. Either way the dealership ended up finding me a Black LX in a manual, and yeah. So they asked for a $500 deposit, then things got crossed, and I ended up putting down $1,000. Either way, they set the cost of the vehicle at $18,386, plus taxes and tags (Pennsylvania), i was OTD at $19,800. Now I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for the dealership to get the car in their show room. I just have these mixed feelings about it, maybe it's buyers remorse, or maybe it's just me being conservative with my money. I just don't know what to think? Maybe If i actually had it for the weekend I'd feel better about the decision. Performance wise I am not looking for a beast, but kind of wish it had just a little bit extra pick up, but I didn't get a chance to really feel it. I also like the fact it's NA, but I just wish I could find a few more HP in it, 15-20 would do this thing a world of difference. Appearance wise the only thing that bugged me was the steel wheels, but aftermarket wheels can be had relatively easily. While I am at it, some nice sticky rubber will be nice for the summer. I'd probably keep the steel and original rubber for the winter. As for the purchase - I mean did I do the right thing? should I just march back there and sign up for that SI? Should I run down to Subaru and get that WRX even if it's a non-STI? I still feel like I made the right idea with this, but how do i get over these jitters? Will I feel better when I am actually driving the car?