Pump gas tuning (93 octane)

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Im just wondering what kind of boost and timing you guys still using pump gas are seeing. Ive been playing around more with tuning my own car.

I've noticed I start to get spikes in knock control at 5500rpm when running 24psi. The ignition table was calling for about 2* advance at this point without any adjustments. I tried lowering the timing to 0* and it does not knock as much but does not feel any faster either. I ended up running 23psi @ 0-1* then tapering off to 22psi by 5500rpm and advancing to 1.5-2* by redline. This seems like about all I can get out of the 93 octane without spikes up to .7 - .72 on knock control. Currently max knock control I see is .62ish.

What experience have you guys had with (safely) maxing ignition advance and boost level on pump?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try to lower the boost and then add some timing back a little at a time. Afterwards, compare your results.

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Thats what I did sir. Its just weird to see the ignition timing so negative all the time. And peak timing at 0-1* lol.

Basically what I've found for myself is that 23psi is my sweet spot. I can run 24 with less timing but it doesnt feel worth it. But I havent been to the track yet.

Im curious though about you guys running more than 24psi. Are you just maxxing it out in the mid range and tapering off the boost towards redline? Im scared for my baby rods (lol) so I've limited boost to 23psi during peak torque.

Basically Im thinking E30 is necessary to get anymore power out of this thing safely.
Sponsored