Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Update boys... I installed defouler and light cleared .. weird since the light had nothing to do with p2 sensor.. I disabled it on ktuner
Good to hear.. although that makes zero sense why the ECU threw that code.

The only thing I can think of is maybe somehow having the sensor mounted to the frame was grounding a connection somewhere it shouldn't have, confusing the ECU.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Im a 21 year diagnostic tech all this crazy stuff like burnt valves is totally off track. No one asked what mods he has. You shouldn’t run 1.1 without and intercooler. He said losing power on highway. Tuned a single 3rd gear pull can push the stock intercooler up as much as 50 degrees.only mod I heard was downpipe.
It’s also not called a misfire light. God it’s amazing how little people know. The light indicates a 1 in 500 codes the could have been triggered and ALL OF THEM CAUSE LIMP MODE.
If you don’t have an intercooler upgrade that’s your problem right there. Cat effeciency doesn’t change performance nor does the bottom o2.
The bottom o2 is only to monitors the o2 lean rich change rate which without a catalytic converters or with a high flow converter swings rich lean faster. By using a defouler on you slow the rate of change fooling the ecu into thinking the catalytic converter is working. It does this cause l ss exhaust gases flow over the sensor.

All cars cycle rich lean that why your afr constant changes rich is below 14.7 lean is above. That’s how the car figures out long term fuel corrections.
It never stays exactly on 14.7 for a reason.

OP
OP
415_CTR

415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Im a 21 year diagnostic tech all this crazy stuff like burnt valves is totally off track. No one asked what mods he has. You shouldn’t run 1.1 without and intercooler. He said losing power on highway. Tuned a single 3rd gear pull can push the stock intercooler up as much as 50 degrees.only mod I heard was downpipe.
It’s also not called a misfire light. God it’s amazing how little people know. The light indicates a 1 in 500 codes the could have been triggered and ALL OF THEM CAUSE LIMP MODE.
If you don’t have an intercooler upgrade that’s your problem right there. Cat effeciency doesn’t change performance nor does the bottom o2.
The bottom o2 is only to monitors the o2 lean rich change rate which without a catalytic converters or with a high flow converter swings rich lean faster. By using a defouler on you slow the rate of change fooling the ecu into thinking the catalytic converter is working. It does this cause l ss exhaust gases flow over the sensor.

All cars cycle rich lean that why your afr constant changes rich is below 14.7 lean is above. That’s how the car figures out long term fuel corrections.
It never stays exactly on 14.7 for a reason.
I have Prl hvi intake Prl turbo inlet and catless downpipe .. as soon as I booked the 2nd o2 sensor with defouler the light went away and car started running normal .. no soot either . Problem fixed