415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I did a pull after a catless downpipe on highway and felt the pull .. 2 seconds later it felt like power died ., any help?
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Are you tuned? You probably maxed out your fuel pump because the catless downpipe let more air flow through than normal. Factory tune and Hondata basemaps handle this differently but usually 'power loss in the middle of a pull' is fuel pump related.

OP
OP
415_CTR

415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
What map are you using? I usually only work with Hondata but I can take a look at a datalog if you manage to replicate this while recording.
I am
Using stage 1.1

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hmm. Strange.

There's no traction control on KTuner besides the factory traction control, so it's not like it was retarding ignition for wheel spin.

Did this problem only start after you added the downpipe? I can't really tell you much more without seeing a datalog of when it happens, sadly.

OP
OP
415_CTR

415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
What map are you using? I usually only work with Hondata but I can take a look at a datalog if you manage to replicate this while recording.
I couldnt get my secondary 02 sensor to fit with defouler.. think that’s the problem?

OP
OP
415_CTR

415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hmm. Strange.

There's no traction control on KTuner besides the factory traction control, so it's not like it was retarding ignition for wheel spin.

Did this problem only start after you added the downpipe? I can't really tell you much more without seeing a datalog of when it happens, sadly.
So as of now I just have it connected and attached to the frame not inside downpipe ( secondary 02)

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I couldnt get my secondary 02 sensor to fit with defouler.. think that’s the problem?
Have you checked out an O2 sensor extender? I have read some good results coming from that product, and it can fix the cel issue too.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't think that would cut power, it would just throw check engine lights. But I don't think I've ever heard of someone leaving it plugged in while attached to the frame, either, so I could be wrong.

Did the loss of power remain after or did it just not pull as hard one time?

OP
OP
415_CTR

415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I don't think that would cut power, it would just throw check engine lights. But I don't think I've ever heard of someone leaving it plugged in while attached to the frame, either, so I could be wrong.

I felt it after the downpipe install so im
Guessing after the 02 sensor has not been plugged in downpipe

OP
OP
415_CTR

415_CTR

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag

Would it be too much of a high gear pull?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may sound like a noob move, and probably isn't your problem, but I'll tell it just for kicks. My DIY cold air intake came loose one time, the MAF sensor and all. Man, the car does not run well at all with the MAF disconnected. It did run though, which surprised me. I was so relieved when I saw what the problem was. Easy fix, but I was quite worried during that commute.
Sponsored