Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I havet the inlet thermal gasket, plus the thermal washers. I will post results soon with the blanket.
I will be waiting very anxious!!

Thank you!
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
If we have change on the IAT2 lower temp with inlet pipe blanket it meaning it worth it. Course the inlet pipe need the thermal gasket also.
Isn't the IAT2 temps at the intake? So the reading will be the temp before it even hits the inlet pipe.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a lot a cross information, but make more sense IAT after intercooler because is compress air, (always higher ) and IAT2 intake.
Correct.

The IAT reading will vary on multiple variables (outside temp, speed, boost vs vacuum, temp of the turbo, ect). So I do not consider that to be a representative figure either for the inlet tube temp.

SloPoke83

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Would the blanket be more effective than having your inlet pipe ceramic coated like the Down Pipe and Front pipe?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Would the blanket be more effective than having your inlet pipe ceramic coated like the Down Pipe and Front pipe?
I have compared in others elements ceramic coated vs blanket and blanket was more efficient. ( was a electronic device, but thermodynamic is the same )

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any guides out there to remove the inlet pipe?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Did you feel any difference in power after the intake blanket? Any difference in temperature?
He mounted yesterday night, today is too could for testing, probably we have to wait for result, I'm waiting for the same here.. Very anxious !!

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
Would installing the inlet and turbo blankets on CTRs that are tracked in hot and humid conditions make sense, or would they retain heat in such conditions? I'm asking b/c I've gotten different opinions from track drivers.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any guides out there to remove the inlet pipe?
Not that hard to do, whats difficult was the 2 bolts that bolts the inlet to the turbo(tigh space). I have the p2r thermal gasket on the inlet pipe where it meets the turbo so it was hard to align it and bolt it. I dropped my flashlight twice and had to lift the car and remove the belly pan 2 times. It was freezing cold last night and this morning 16-19 degress. I did like 4-5 pulls but the car cooled down on the 10 minutes back to the garage. The inlet pipe was cold to the touch. I will report back when temps go up.

8yourv8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Is this a good item to run if you dont race the car and only drive 3000 miles a year? I mean i use to drag race my Evo a lot and never wrapped anything but yet i see all these pipes being wrapped. Again just need some info
Sponsored