Fedcopper

First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I have a PRL street downpipe for sale if anyone looking. Less than 100 miles on it Comes wrapped and with a ptp elbow blanket. 500 firm for the kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Downpipe Blanket Reviews Screenshot_20200810-231012_Messenger
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Here's the setup on my new 2020 for now. Waiting on my replacement titanium inlet and HVI, but got my DP and intercooler plus blankets installed. Wrapped the DP in lava wrap and used the downpipe elbow on top. Going catless I can def tell a difference in temperatures when I crack open the hood. It's still hot no doubt, but just a bit different kind of hot.

I need to go back and pull off the downpipe since when I installed it, I didn't have my secondary defouler in hand yet and didn't realize you couldn't thread it on with the pipe installed. That's ok though, I still need to put on the heat shield that goes down by the radiator. It was a long day trying to work on the car and I didn't feel like messing with it. Just gotta find the spacers and screws for the PRL downpipe to get it to fit or jerry rig something

hesitation

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 // 2007 AP2
Country flag

Here's the setup on my new 2020 for now. Waiting on my replacement titanium inlet and HVI, but got my DP and intercooler plus blankets installed. Wrapped the DP in lava wrap and used the downpipe elbow on top. Going catless I can def tell a difference in temperatures when I crack open the hood. It's still hot no doubt, but just a bit different kind of hot.

I need to go back and pull off the downpipe since when I installed it, I didn't have my secondary defouler in hand yet and didn't realize you couldn't thread it on with the pipe installed. That's ok though, I still need to put on the heat shield that goes down by the radiator. It was a long day trying to work on the car and I didn't feel like messing with it. Just gotta find the spacers and screws for the PRL downpipe to get it to fit or jerry rig something
the elbow blanket comes with like two bolts + washer, along with a metal wire. did you use that to fasten it down? i wasn't really sure how to use the provided stuff but it seems to sit fine without anything

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Can anyone confirm if the elbow blanket will work with the factory lower heat shield ?
I have the RV6 Catted.

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Downpipe Blanket Reviews 74F2E87E-122F-458E-A920-7739868907AE

Hypergolic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CR-V, 2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I was recently looking at thermal blankets and heat reflective materials. after a while aren't these materials vulnerable to heat soak just like everything else? Do they have much better thermal dissipation to offset the heat soak? I can understand them having an effect up front, but as the engine bay reaches a steady state of heat during use, is there really a difference in local (wrapped components) or bay temperature?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
I'm running the elbow with lower oem shield with no issues.
Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Downpipe Blanket Reviews 20210807_200516

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
I'm not worried about top..elbow/turbo blanket is plenty

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not worried about top..elbow/turbo blanket is plenty
Okay cool. I got the mishimoto turbo blanket and I’ll go ahead and order the elbow from ptp. Is it an easy install or do I need to remove anything ?

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Pretty simple. Mine was originally installed by shop when they did downpipe install. Last month, I did turbo upgrade with a friend and were able to install it easily.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pretty simple. Mine was originally installed by shop when they did downpipe install. Last month, I did turbo upgrade with a friend and were able to install it easily.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
m_kluch

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I have the lower one on too. Not sure how @m_kluch got the top one on unless it’s only held on by one bolt
Mu top shield is held on by two bolts. One on top thats under the intake pipe and one on the right side that attaches to the downpipe. I didnt attach the bottom bolt due to difficulty level. No need to put holes in the downpipe blanket because it comes with all holes needed from the factory to use with your heat shield
Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Downpipe Blanket Reviews F2D4DF5F-4FEC-4A4D-953D-69E5779580B7

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Downpipe Blanket Reviews 25BD3CC4-7A3D-494E-905B-3A2358679584

OP
OP
m_kluch

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I was recently looking at thermal blankets and heat reflective materials. after a while aren't these materials vulnerable to heat soak just like everything else? Do they have much better thermal dissipation to offset the heat soak? I can understand them having an effect up front, but as the engine bay reaches a steady state of heat during use, is there really a difference in local (wrapped components) or bay temperature?
Think of the walls in your house. During 150 degree hot summer days you run your AC to keep the inside of your house cool. If your walls weren't insulated than your house air wouldnt be able to reach 50 degrees and keep you cold. Same thing with insulating exhaust or intake pipes. When you're driving in 50 degrees weather and its 150 under your hood, you want your intake pipes to be insulated well so that they can keep that cool 50 degree air from getting too warm by the time it reaches your engine.
If you are wrapping something other than intake or exhaust pipes than you're statement is true because the items being wrapped would not be trying to cool or heat themselves and would eventually reach the same temperature as their surroundings.
Sponsored