Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Super excited to announce that PTP Turbo Blankets is releasing a Black Lava edition of their blankets for the 2017-2021 Civic Type R that will be available at www.FK8.clinic in about two weeks. It fits perfectly in the FK8 engine bay and especially with some carbon fiber goodies. These do amazingly well in reducing heat soak, our number one enemy.

Pricing will be $199.95 for the turbo blanket and $299.95 for the downpipe blanket.

The turbo blanket is fully compatible with the stock turbo, PRL P600, Rampage RS450/550 and any other turbos that use the stock housing or have similar dimensions.

The downpipe blanket is compatible with the stock downpipe, PRL street/race downpipes, and RV6 catless or catted downpipes.

Iā€™ve got a set in hand (with custom badging) and they are absolutely beautiful. Hereā€™s some pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Black Lava blankets 1CE001F4-C519-419D-9AF3-0C807FC573F4

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Black Lava blankets A40B4483-8077-4A45-899B-5DBE7EDB1465

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Black Lava blankets 1A61800C-6430-4587-A0DF-AA63C420799A

Honda Civic 10th gen PTP Black Lava blankets 609083F1-A53F-4198-9129-158B7FE3A970

Iā€™m currently waiting on my gen 2 P600 turbo to arrive and then Iā€™ll have some pics of it all in the engine bay!

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
nice ill order one. been meaning to buy a turbo blanket so this is perfect timing.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
How much of a PITA is this to install and is there data that this reduces heatsoak?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How much of a PITA is this to install and is there data that this reduces heatsoak?
Itā€™s not terrible, just some folding and tugging. Iā€™ve installed it without removing anything but the intake before. The hardest part is getting the downpipe blanket on, coming from where the intake is you have to get it behind and under it, folding it around the side and opening it up.

Ive got some logs with no heat shielding and will be recording logs with the blankets on in a couple weeks. That being said, you can feel the massive difference with just your hands. It keeps the heat inside the turbo and downpipe, leaving via the exhaust instead of into the engine bay.

Last edited:

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
I'll be picking up one once it goes live on the site. Hopefully it helps to slow down yellowing on my Eventuri parts...

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Itā€™s not terrible, just some folding and tugging. Iā€™ve installed it without removing anything but the intake before. The hardest part is getting the downpipe blanket on, coming from where the intake is you have to get it behind and under it, folding it around the side and opening it up.

Ive got some logs with no heat shielding and will be recording logs with the blankets on in a couple weeks. That being said, you can feel the difference with just your hands. You can put your hands on the turbo and downpipe after a hard drive and itā€™ll just be warm, there wonā€™t be radiant heat all over the place. It keeps the heat inside the turbo and downpipe, leaving via the exhaust instead of into the engine bay. If you tried that with even the stock heat shields itā€™d burn you pretty bad.
Just to keep people from burning their hands I would not recommend you touch either blanket after running hard. They will still get well over skin burning temps but nothing like the metal would be without it. Iā€™ve ran the PTP blanket for a year and itā€™s already falling apart but this design with the enclosed back should work way better on keeping the thermal barrier from falling apart.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just to keep people from burning their hands I would not recommend you touch either blanket after running hard. They will still get well over skin burning temps but nothing like the metal would be without it. Iā€™ve ran the PTP blanket for a year and itā€™s already falling apart but this design with the enclosed back should work way better on keeping the thermal barrier from falling apart.
Yeah, I probably should've added a caution of 'might get hot enough'. ? I've driven around pretty hard and by the time I get home it's touchable, but immediately after a heavy track session might be a different story.

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
could u please elaborate a bit further..your turbo blanket is falling apart?

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
could u please elaborate a bit further..your turbo blanket is falling apart?
The thermal insulation that is held onto the blanket by mesh wire is brittle and shedding out. Now I take my blanket off and on more then the average person so this is probably not helping the cause. With the new design having a solid back it wouldn't be an issue since it would keep the material encapsulated in the blanket The blanket is meant to be a "permanent" install as once it sees a good heat cycle it hardens to the shape it's in. With most turbos it is easy to uninstall them and install them but with our cars it's a pain.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.