PSA: OEM Wheel Locks and 15mm Bolt on Spacers

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is in reference to an incident I had today involving 15mm bolt on spacers, OEM sport wheels and the OEM wheel locks. What I learned is that the wheel lock lug nuts are not deep enough for the lugs that were on my spacers. The lug ended up breaking through the end of the locking lug nut before it could tighten down on the wheel. The regular OEM lug nuts were fine. I'm not sure how widespread this issue may be but it's something to be mindful of if you are planning on using spacers. I bolted on a 20mm spacer last week and did not have this issue. Just an FYI, something I wish I would have known ahead of time.
Sponsored

Reactions: HBK

jsarsoza

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatch sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is in reference to an incident I had today involving 15mm bolt on spacers, OEM sport wheels and the OEM wheel locks. What I learned is that the wheel lock lug nuts are not deep enough for the lugs that were on my spacers. The lug ended up breaking through the end of the locking lug nut before it could tighten down on the wheel. The regular OEM lug nuts were fine. I'm not sure how widespread this issue may be but it's something to be mindful of if you are planning on using spacers. I bolted on a 20mm spacer last week and did not have this issue. Just an FYI, something I wish I would have known ahead of time.
Where did you purchase your spacers? I just lowered my hatch with pro kit springs and i want the wheels to come out a bit. I can't seem to find the right spacers or maybe i just don't know what to look for. Would appreciate any help

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you purchase your spacers? I just lowered my hatch with pro kit springs and i want the wheels to come out a bit. I can't seem to find the right spacers or maybe i just don't know what to look for. Would appreciate any help
I'll PM you.

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
360glitch, I am ready for eibach springs and 20mm spacers. Could you pm me where you purchased yours? And is the rear camber kit necessary? Anyone on here go without rear camber and regret it? Thanks in advance...

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I have 15mm Garageline spacers on my Sport rims and didn't have this issue thankfully

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
360glitch, I am ready for eibach springs and 20mm spacers. Could you pm me where you purchased yours? And is the rear camber kit necessary? Anyone on here go without rear camber and regret it? Thanks in advance...
I'll be in touch.
Interesting. I have 15mm Garageline spacers on my Sport rims and didn't have this issue thankfully
Sounds like the Garageline spacers may have used shorter studs.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
any picture of your car with these 15mm spacers please?
are they still on your ride?
how you like them?

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Ive just had fitted 20mm eibach spacers on 17" oem wheels and the mechanic said the lug nuts looked like they wernt tightening with the gun, asthough they kept turning. He torqued them all up to 100nm and says after 25miles bring back for a check up.

Why woukd this be happening? Do i need longer lug nuts?
Sponsored