PSA: Dont forget your free yearly map updates for the Nav.

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
What software version did Garmin Express show for you?
2.94 is what its showing for software / Garmin express is showing 6.15.0.0 for version

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the tip! I updated mine over the weekend and it went smooth and easy. :thumbsup:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Having issues with garmin express. It’s not detecting my usb flash drive. I’ve tried 2 different computers. My computer detects it but the Garmin software doesn’t. What’s the actual order of installing this. Download on pc then put into car and update? Because I can’t even get it to download on pc since it won’t detect my flash drive in the garmin software.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2.94 is what its showing for software / Garmin express is showing 6.15.0.0 for version
Strange, it should definitely be pulling updates.

Having issues with garmin express. It’s not detecting my usb flash drive. I’ve tried 2 different computers. My computer detects it but the Garmin software doesn’t. What’s the actual order of installing this. Download on pc then put into car and update? Because I can’t even get it to download on pc since it won’t detect my flash drive in the garmin software.
Format the USB to FAT32, put USB into car (before turning ignition on), when the screen show the Where To? Show map page, hit settings, device, scroll to bottom and hit Update maps. Continue with the prompts, and wait 60 seconds before unplugging the USB. Put USB back into computer and open Garmin Express. It should show your versions and whatnot.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Follow the instructions on the web page i originally linked in first post. It gives you the proper order. Also dont use any usb over 32 gig. It has to be formated fat32 not fat32ex or ntfs. Anything over 32 gig cant be formatted pure fat32 which is required.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Does it have to be a 16gb drive or will an 8 work

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I'm getting the same thing as others.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 4.46.12 PM.png
Did you do the first step of doing the usb in the car to get info file before doing the garmin software check?

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Running into the same issue as some other folks here. Got my 2019 R in November. Garmin shows 2018.0 maps, but says it's up to date. Oh well, I'll try again at some point. It's just a formality anyway, since I mostly use Waze with Android Auto.

Honda_Elite

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru STI (Sold) / 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you do the first step of doing the usb in the car to get info file before doing the garmin software check?
Followed steps as well, and get no new map updates available.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oops, going through the instructions again I didn't leave the USB plugged into the car for 60 seconds. Will try again this evening.
Sponsored