Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
So I'm gonna need some new tires before too long. I've been looking at some Michelin ps4s tires. I do not know a lot about tires so I'd feel more comfortable leaving a post on here.

Is this the only ps4s size that would fit the 20"OEM wheels? 255/30ZR20

If not then which would be best? I read a while back that these should last a lot longer AND have better gripping performance than the stock tires. That doesn't make much sense to me since the stock tires are only good for 8-10k miles. I figured if the stock tires wear out that fast then they must be super soft therefore they must grip way more.

Thanks
Sponsored

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm gonna need some new tires before too long. I've been looking at some Michelin ps4s tires. I do not know a lot about tires so I'd feel more comfortable leaving a post on here.

If not then which would be best? I read a while back that these should last a lot longer AND have better gripping performance than the stock tires. That doesn't make much sense to me since the stock tires are only good for 8-10k miles. I figured if the stock tires wear out that fast then they must be super soft therefore they must grip way more.

Thanks
They are available in 245/35R20, which will fit unless you want to stay with the same sidewall height. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...PS4SXLV3&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I currently run 245/35R20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 A/S because it can rain cats and dogs in Houston without warning, and I daily my car. Going from 30 to 35 is night and day in terms of comfort. I don't fear bumps and potholes as much like I did on the OEM tires. I could have gone up to 255/35, but 245/35 was cheaper and I liked the way they looked.

OP
OP
Dragnet

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are available in 245/35R20, which will fit unless you want to stay with the same sidewall height. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...PS4SXLV3&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I currently run 245/35R20 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 A/S because it can rain cats and dogs in Houston without warning, and I daily my car. Going from 30 to 35 is night and day in terms of comfort. I don't fear bumps and potholes as much like I did on the OEM tires. I could have gone up to 255/35, but 245/35 was cheaper and I liked the way they looked.
The 255 is a bit wider, right? Does the extra thickness of your tire affect the speedo much?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
The 255 is a bit wider, right? Does the extra thickness of your tire affect the speedo much?
A 245/35r20 tire will have some speedo error. Example if the speedometer says 70mph you are actually going 72.7mph

Onimusha

Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag

You got pics? I really want to see what 245/35R20 looks like on the OEM wheels. I'm planning to get it for the same reason since I daily my car and not have my wife kill me for changing my tires every 10k miles lmao

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
In my opinion, its hard to beat the Michelin ps4s tires if you are looking for performance and better durability if you plan on spending the majority of your time on the road with this car but would like something that holds up fairly decently for the odd track day. Huge fan of Michelin tires but I am not a serious track person.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, it's negligible. Can you feel the difference between 60 mph and 63 mph? Here are some side by side comparisons for you to check out. 255 is only 0.4" wider. That wasn't worth the extra money going from 245 to 255.

OEM vs 245/35R20
Honda Civic 10th gen PS4S Tires for OEM Wheels dx0lsqV

OEM vs 255/35R20
Honda Civic 10th gen PS4S Tires for OEM Wheels GkaJBIx

245/35 vs 255/35
Honda Civic 10th gen PS4S Tires for OEM Wheels 3dkF0l4

You got pics? I really want to see what 245/35R20 looks like on the OEM wheels. I'm planning to get it for the same reason since I daily my car and not have my wife kill me for changing my tires every 10k miles lmao
Far away & Front close up
I'm really enjoying the DWS 06s. No regrets so far.

OP
OP
Dragnet

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Weird. I found the 255 to be cheaper than the 245.

Onimusha

Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag
Honestly, it's negligible. Can you feel the difference between 60 mph and 63 mph? Here are some side by side comparisons for you to check out. 255 is only 0.4" wider. That wasn't worth the extra money going from 245 to 255.

OEM vs 245/35R20
dx0lsqV.png

OEM vs 255/35R20
GkaJBIx.png

245/35 vs 255/35
3dkF0l4.png

Wow that looks nice . . do you have shots of it from the front or rear? sorry :/ lol

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag

May not feel the difference between 60 mph and 63 mph. Just need to be careful of police looking to give out tickets.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I go with 245/35/ZR20 tires, who can install them? When I tried this the first time Tire Rack told me they wouldn’t fit my car and that any damage would be my responsibility. Is it worth trying to get my dealer to install them?

My Contis have taken a beating from these roads and on really shitty roads I was actually having to fight with the wheel to keep it tracked straight. These PS4S tires look a lot better to me and I’m considering them since I can get more sidewall which I really would like.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
If I go with 245/35/ZR20 tires, who can install them? When I tried this the first time Tire Rack told me they wouldn’t fit my car and that any damage would be my responsibility. Is it worth trying to get my dealer to install them?

My Contis have taken a beating from these roads and on really shitty roads I was actually having to fight with the wheel to keep it tracked straight. These PS4S tires look a lot better to me and I’m considering them since I can get more sidewall which I really would like.
That was my concern, after reading that some tire shops were damaging the OEM rims by trying to mount tires without the correct mounting equipment. I went to 19" rims with the PS4S tires (255/35) and the difference is huge. I'm still careful, but the ride is much better and that little bit of extra sidewall is crucial. Mine is a DD and will not see the track.

therealdarkknight

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Thanks
Read some reviews of the ps4s but they’re amazing tires and worth the hype AND they are rated for 30k miles. Yes our stock tires seem softer which should equate to more grip but those two factors don’t necessarily correlate. A lot of factors go into composition of the tire as far as material and build construction as well as tread pattern. In fact when Honda did the record attempt at nordeshleife they ran it on Michelin’s. They are superior tires. Now as far as size goes that’s up to you, when I sent that link in a DM it’s because that’s the size I’m going with. I live in Arizona where the roads really aren’t bad at all so I can stand to live with the thinner tire size. OEM size is 245/30/20, I wanted something wider and recommended for the wheel espysince I will have my dealership
Install them to avoid any damage. Now if you live in an area where your roads aren’t bad I don’t see why not stick to oem size but that’s up to you. If you live in an area where the roads are rough I would consider downsizing the rims or getting slightly thicker tires. You will have to deal with the speedo being slightly off until we have an aftermarket solution to fix this but the extra thickness will allow you avoid damage to the wheels like other people have suffered on this forum. I would recommend looking at the stickers thread in this section for aftermarket wheels and tires. It’s rather large but will allow you to see different rims and tire combinations and people’s input.

OP
OP
Dragnet

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, Knight. I like the ones you showed me. I was trying to gather the most recent info I could from other users. Everything seems to be pointing to these tires. I still have a few k miles before I even have to think about getting new ones. The roads where I live are decent for the most part. I have hit a few deep holes at night that would scare me but so far the oem wheels have held up.

therealdarkknight

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, Knight. I like the ones you showed me. I was trying to gather the most recent info I could from other users. Everything seems to be pointing to these tires. I still have a few k miles before I even have to think about getting new ones. The roads where I live are decent for the most part. I have hit a few deep holes at night that would scare me but so far the oem wheels have held up.
No worries, I’m still at 5/32 for my stock tires with 11k miles basically so I’m not going to purchase them for a few months. I might buy them to get that low price and sit on them till my own tires give out or get another sidewalk puncture lol. If you have any questions you can always ask, if I get them earlier I will dm you a picture and my feedback! Have a good one.
Sponsored