mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The Proection Package contains rear mud flaps, trunk liner and all season floor mats.
I can buy them separately or buy them together with 10% discount.
What are your opinions on these items?
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The Proection Package contains rear mud flaps, trunk liner and all season floor mats.
I think the all season floor mats are pretty much essential since you'll grind a hole into the stock carpet mats in two weeks.

If you can get this stuff for a good price go for it. Online is probably 50% of what the dealer charges.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I think the all season floor mats are pretty much essential since you'll grind a hole into the stock carpet mats in two weeks.

If you can get this stuff for a good price go for it. Online is probably 50% of what the dealer charges.
Are these online ones OE? Most of the US online stores would not ship to Canada.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
There are US dealerships that sell OEM parts online in the US. I don't know who/if they ship elsewhere.
I have similar experiences for my Mercedes. There are MB dealerships which sell OE parts online in the US but they won't ship to Canada.

In Canada, the only place to get MB OE parts is the dealerships. So, they charge whatever they want. Typically, our Canadian prices are a lot higher than US, even after the currency conversion. One example was the fuel filter, the local dealership charged $160CAN while the US dealership online store charged $43US for the same part. Another example is the water pump, it was $156US as compared to $414CAN. I did buy some parts from some US stores through a friend, they were genuine MB parts with MB packaging.

Hope this is not the same formHonda, considering Civic Sedans and coupes are made in Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
It's frustrating.

I bought my JDM B18 as a crate engine from a parts counter in 2001.

They totally shut that down and Honda won't play ball anymore. You used to be able to buy any part # from any market, no longer.

gbgb478

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-L w/ Sensing
i bought my all weather mats for 50% off on amazon. exact ones the dealer sold!

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I have Weather Tech mats that were in my old car that I just switched to my new one.

I bought a trunk liner from pep boys online for $14.99 and it's better than the one they tried to sell me at the dealer. It also has a special velcro type layer underneath so the mat doesn't slide around.

Mud flaps? lol. Nah, not interested.

Bottom line? Don't get those from the dealer. Get the weather tech mats and the trunk liner from somewhere (literally anywhere) else and save yourself some money!
Sponsored