Protection against Car Jacking

the_grey_si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about installing a kill switch to the fuel pump? This way even if they have your fob, they'll need to know where the switch is to get your car running.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
As long as Americans do not realize that the proliferation of weapons does not protect anyone, on the contrary, it will get worse and worse .
Interesting post. Irrelevant to the discussion and highly debatable. But interesting nonetheless.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Gotta love a happy ending. :)

And not that criminals are smart, but you'd think seeing their boy get dropped would deter them from their goal. But nope. They just kept on coming. Lol.

Dummy #3 should be glad he didn't catch any 10mm rounds from that Kriss. Those make a mess of things. Then again, he might wish he did, with now 2 felony murder charges hanging over his head.

Jazzman0718

First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really impressed with this thread. I never imagined crossover between honda and ccw people. Train, train, train on that sh!t is all I have to say. Love all the other great ideas too. Stay aware. Stay safe.

Marlin2000

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2019
Country flag
Like someone else suggested, put in a gps tracker. I had one in my s2000 and worked great. Hand over the keys like you don’t care to avoid frustrating them and track them down later with police on your side. Any damage can be covered by insurance, but if all goes well you will find them before they damaged it. I doubt they are that smart to search for a gps tracker, at least most of them are not.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Like someone else suggested, put in a gps tracker. I had one in my s2000 and worked great. Hand over the keys like you don’t care to avoid frustrating them and track them down later with police on your side. Any damage can be covered by insurance, but if all goes well you will find them before they damaged it. I doubt they are that smart to search for a gps tracker, at least most of them are not.
What brand GPS tracker did you use? Are you going to install one on your Civic?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Late to the post.
But but nothing will stop someone if they want it bad enough.

Oh yea and newer cars like ours. We have keyfobs. Great right.

Now you can build a rely receiver / sender antenna.

Basically extending your keyfob from your room out to your car.
Some cars let you disable the passive keyless entry function, but not Honda. I did this on my other car & have to press a fob button to unlock the car, just like the "old" days. No big deal since I need a free hand to open the door anyway, and it's easier than taking the fob out of shielded pouch all the time. Wish the Civic had this option.

Marlin2000

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2019
Country flag
What brand GPS tracker did you use? Are you going to install one on your Civic?
It was quite some years ago so I’m sure there are better brands on the market nowadays, but I had the one below. I hooked it up to my car battery so I could just leave it in my car and not having to charge it outside the car. I could send a text message with my mobile and it sent me back a google maps link where the car was located. You can even listen in on the build in microphone.

Not going to install in my FK7 because I live in Singapore now, a car jacking happens here maybe once a year :) Crime rate is very very low.

Last edited:

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
@CT0760 CompuStar Alarm and Remote Start with Drone Mobile (7000AS/CM7000 brain, not the DC series), as their premium subscription has GPS tracking and you can buy by the month (3yr basic for ~140, pay monthly for premium when you need it), being accurate to within a few feet.

There are a couple of spots up within the driver's side dash ithe brain can be hidden where it's high enough up to be near inaccessible. If you choose to do so, ensure you share this custom How To I created with the installer, since the CPSS circuit must be broken during crank with a second start out, which doesn't appear to be common knowledge.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have a friend who is an avid gun collector & have gone shooting with him. He said for self defense there is a 15' rule. If the person is closer to you than 15' you will not be able to pull a weapon for self defense before the attacker can close the 15'. If carjacked you would be dead before you could draw a weapon from a holster/center console/glovebox/magnetic hanger under the dash. The attacker merely has to pull the trigger to end the confrontation.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
I live in the suburbs of Chicago and go in to the city every so often; this year the city has already had near 200 car jackings (since 01-01), and honestly I feel concerned about my car being an appealing target for theft.
I was wondering if anyone on the board installed extras in their car to stop theft or jacking of their car or if they thought the car fob protection felt like enough (im thinking if you're jacked while the car is on then you're still screwed)
Very sorry to hear this. Situational awareness is paramount these days with the undermining of ones rights by certain politicians. I do not worry myself about this as having a valid CCW is an equalizer.

That said look into a hidden GPS tracker such as Mastrack, (skip Lojac) all of our Hondas are equipped with real time GPS tracking and Ravelcos. Layered security is the key to keeping what you have and to recovering what is yours if the unthinkable happens.

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand another good defense is having a manual trans because most thieves don't know how to drive them.
Very excited about getting an R for this reason haha

I trained for 23 years in boxing and 7 years in Krav Maga unfortunately against un gun there is nothing you can do and don’t risk your life for a car ! But you can take some precautions like : always lock your doors + install securit films on your side windows and always carry a Flash Light 1000 lumens to protect yourself in case of agression ?
I like this, bright ass light to the eyes renders anyone useless.