First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just saw your profile pic just updated. Congratulations on your new upgraded civic!
Hey man thank you!!! I'm SO EXCITED! I've been drooling over the R since the day I saw one in person 4 years ago, and now the dream is real! IN BOOST BLUE!

It was very sad to part out the sport touring though... I want to say the build was just about done but us car people know how that goes. Bigger and better things for the R!
Sponsored

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I have a friend who is an avid gun collector & have gone shooting with him. He said for self defense there is a 15' rule. If the person is closer to you than 15' you will not be able to pull a weapon for self defense before the attacker can close the 15'. If carjacked you would be dead before you could draw a weapon from a holster/center console/glovebox/magnetic hanger under the dash. The attacker merely has to pull the trigger to end the confrontation.
Yeah, it's damn near impossible to draw and fire before getting hit, if someone has a gun aimed at you. But it's always nice to have options. There are certainly scenarios where having a gun yourself could level the playing field against an attacker with a gun already drawn on you. And of course not all car jackings involve the car jacker having a gun. Sometimes they use knives. So yeah, options are always good.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I have a friend who is an avid gun collector & have gone shooting with him. He said for self defense there is a 15' rule. If the person is closer to you than 15' you will not be able to pull a weapon for self defense before the attacker can close the 15'. If carjacked you would be dead before you could draw a weapon from a holster/center console/glovebox/magnetic hanger under the dash. The attacker merely has to pull the trigger to end the confrontation.

The "golden rule" for distance is actually further. It is 21 ft or 7 yards. It sounds a long way, but we train at those distances all the time. A perp with a knife or billy club, can easily close that gap before you can even register what is happening, let alone start to think of defending yourself/ loved ones. This is why regular training is so important, as that is the only advantage you'd have when things go south.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
You guys are talking about the "Tueller Drill," for the so called 21 foot rule. Please don't take it as a rule. Yes, the original experiment showed that a sample attacker could close 21 feet before a shooter could draw and fire, but there are so many variables in any real world situation that the distance isn't really significant.

The original drill was for cops- which means not only do you know the attack is coming (because it's training), you don't have to worry about clearing a coat or shirt away from your weapon before the draw. And it was really just an experiment to show reaction time. They don't take any real consideration of how limited pistol bullets are in power.

Even if you hit a guy, there's no guarantee that ends the fight. Sober people can lose a surprising amount of blood and stay dangerous. With drugs, they might not even realize they've been shot. We had a guy take multiple .223 rounds to the chest, fall over and drop his gun, then spend the next ten minutes trying to reach another gun he had left in a bag nearby. Toxicology report showed a substantial amount of meth in his system.

http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Tueller/How.Close.htm

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Protection against car jacking?
Worst solution is pulling pants down and becoming the offender. Totally would put the thief in a quandary at the risk of personal humiliation.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I just made a huge mistake & watched the road rage movie "Unhinged". If you basically do the opposite of everything they do in the movie, you'll have better odds of walking away.

Observations about the movie; Apparently no-one had or chose to have a carry permit in the town/city/county - if so, movie would have been about 15mins long.
The perp could have easily been defeated, by either running away or ordering him a pizza (I actually thought it was John Goodman & not Russell Crowe)
Driving around in a silver jacked up F150 is fine (even if you just committed multiple murders/ felonies)- try getting away with that sh@t in a tuned Civic

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
.. install an old 8Track tape/radio, you'll be least hit anywhere ?
Sponsored