First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should Carry a gun wherever you go. 2021 is too crazy man.. If you care about your life you won't let the government say you cant carry one. Tired of having close calls so i will be acquiring some self protection. Here in San Antonio all these highschoolers wanna act like killers and Cartel Mfs. Too many mfs wanna be gangster. Rappers glorify that life. They all tryna prove something to themselves or friends. I got approached by some little 12 year olds with a little 380. Tried taking my board but we were by alot of people in a town Square so I knew they wouldn't shoot, so I smacked the retard in the head with my board. "Carson Bloods where u from ***" hold this fucking board to the face dumbass. Listen folks, these raps cats are putting a bad influence on youngsters, all they wanna do is rob , steal and kill like their favorite rapper claims they do. Not to mention nobody gets disciplined anymore and Fathers aren't being actual fathers so these kids just think they can do whatever they want. I had the honda dealer install their Thief Detterent and Car tracker in the vehicle. Made my insurance go down slightly too. Yall stay safe out here now. Im sure you can take your vehicle to a bodyshop and they'll do something for you. I just had honda do it at Purchase.
Did you hear about the lady that was delivering Uber eats in Dallas and was stabbed to death by 2 14yr. Olds? She had 3 kids. Fkn sucks. Don't trust anyone you don't know when your in public.
This country is going downhill fast. The only way to try and be safe is to carry a gun.
Sponsored

Qchon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport Touring Polished Metallic
Country flag
Did you hear about the lady that was delivering Uber eats in Dallas and was stabbed to death by 2 14yr. Olds? She had 3 kids. Fkn sucks. Don't trust anyone you don't know when your in public.
This country is going downhill fast. The only way to try and be safe is to carry a gun.
I just read that on my Instagram feed. So sad. Poor kids don't have a mother now.

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
I just read that on my Instagram feed. So sad. Poor kids don't have a mother now.
Crazy World indeed ? Impossible to carry a gun here in Canada that’s why I have a Flash Light 1000 lumens ?

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Haha this guy fucking gets it. Nothing to scare away your attackers like pulling out the same gun their low life buddies use, but with a 30 round clip and a laser?. Stay safe yall and don't be scared to protect your family.
The "KIDS" that jacked me had the laser pistols... the detectives that eventually caught them told me they had better weapons and ammo than the cops do. Don't be a statistic for a car....

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
Since I don't live somewhere were car theft is happening I have no protection in my car. But in other countries I saw a lot of these steering locks:

lenkradschloss-mit-zwei-schluesseln_6.jpg

KFZ-Diebstahl-Lenkradschloss-Auto-Schloss.jpg
51pQgF11XtL.jpg

LOL that's a trip down memory lane!

In the 90's half of the cars in the US had those as well.

The brand to have was "The Club", but there were a ton of generics available. I had a couple myself.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I live in the suburbs of Chicago and go in to the city every so often; this year the city has already had near 200 car jackings (since 01-01), and honestly I feel concerned about my car being an appealing target for theft.
I was wondering if anyone on the board installed extras in their car to stop theft or jacking of their car or if they thought the car fob protection felt like enough (im thinking if you're jacked while the car is on then you're still screwed)
I lived in West Rogers Park, Chicago. I had my 2005 RSX stolen from my garage. I actually would install a "kill switch" somewhere in the car. The "CLUB" is also a decent option, but the car can still be taken. I also would install a dash cam and hard wire it for parking. good Luck!

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Haha this guy fucking gets it. Nothing to scare away your attackers like pulling out the same gun their low life buddies use, but with a 30 round clip and a laser?. Stay safe yall and don't be scared to protect your family.

Thanks, but just to be clear I wouldn't use a laser, red dot or any other "cool" gadget on a concealed carry/ personal protection firearm. Murphy's law states, that when you need an item to work in a crisis- it won't. Also unless you a training constantly with a laser or red dot, then you are at a disadvantage compared to regular iron sights. Just an FYI it is not a "clip", it is a magazine & there is a difference. Not trying to bash you at all, but this is a serious subject & a very serious decision for anyone that is considering exercising their right to self protection. Regards

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
Also unless you a training constantly with a laser or red dot, then you are at a disadvantage compared to regular iron sights.
THIS.

Also.

Constant and consistent drilling with a weapon is necessary to make you proficient with a weapon. Training with a weapon, the way that weapon will be used is key to forming the muscle memory your fight-or-flight instinct relies upon in a scenario. Without having the skills to operate a weapon effectively an untrained person having a weapon in that scenario makes the whole thing orders of magnitude more dangerous. In a combat situation decisions are made in microseconds and mistakes cost lives.

Yeah, the presence of a weapon can deter some would be n'er do wells from acting bad but if the person is seasoned in fuckery you've just found yourself in a firefight, or worse. This is why people say CCW holders are more likely to be involved in and victims of gun crimes. I can't actually find any stats to back up those claims but we all know at least one person that thinks they're bulletproof cause they're carrying a sidearm so YMMV. Someone carrying a weapon without that ingrained skill thinks that just because they have that weapon, they're safe and instead of just getting carjacked, they get shot because they tried to be Wyatt Earp.

This is also all assuming you get the drop on your would be attacker. If you're sitting in your car at a stoplight and all of a sudden your staring down a muzzle you've already lost. It takes infinitely less time for your attacker to squeeze their trigger than it does for you to draw, aim, and fire.

Your car is absolutely important, but your car can be replaced. Your life can't.

Protect yourself, be smart, be aware, and pick your battles.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Regrettably more often this happens at gunpoint after the car has started or when youre parked or at a stop light or something; if I get something, Id want it to be something more subtle where I can activate it, and it has a delayed response so I can get away from the gunman

As long as Americans do not realize that the proliferation of weapons does not protect anyone, on the contrary, it will get worse and worse .

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
you can disable the car via CANbus, or install your own kill switch timer, and you can even flash lights and beep horn over CANbus as well. would really make them get out of the car and run ?

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
Late to the post.
But but nothing will stop someone if they want it bad enough.

Carry a gun and have a motion alarm camera on your car at all times.

Other then that. Nothing will.

Ive seen hotwiring, bypassing kill switchs, bring an aftermarket steering wheel to busting a window, throwing in N and rolling it up a homedepot/uhaul car ramp.

Alarms are nice but dont stop anything just lets you know if your close by.

Oh yea and newer cars like ours. We have keyfobs. Great right.

Now you can build a rely receiver / sender antenna.

Basically extending your keyfob from your room out to your car.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this is what insurance is for.. i will gladly hand them the keys and teach them to drive manual if they have a gun pointed at me.
Sponsored