Protecting Seat Bolsters

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
The seat bolsters (on the seat bottom, not so much seat back) feel like they're going to get a lot of wear from getting in and out each time. Each time I sit and get up, it's nearly impossible not to put some kind of significant weight on/against them before I settle in or get all the way out.

Do people have thoughts on preserving these? I have a feeling they are going to show significant signs of wear (creasing or crushing somewhat) before long.
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
I'm looking into getting these...

They won't stop compression and crush but they will stop abrasion and seam splitting. They blend in perfectly. The only thing is after some emailing back and forth is that they can't guarantee to fit the right hand drive UKDM CTR. I have asked about returning for refund if they don't fit but I'm currently waiting for a reply.

If I get a response and it's positive about returning for refund if they don't fit then I'll be ordering some.

Only other thing is payment is by bank transfer only so no PayPal etc.

Anyone else bought these and can confirm they will fit UKDM right hand drive and are they actually any good?

CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
I'm looking into getting these...

They won't stop compression and crush but they will stop abrasion and seam splitting. They blend in perfectly. The only thing is after some emailing back and forth is that they can't guarantee to fit the right hand drive UKDM CTR. I have asked about returning for refund if they don't fit but I'm currently waiting for a reply.

If I get a response and it's positive about returning for refund if they don't fit then I'll be ordering some.

Only other thing is payment is by bank transfer only so no PayPal etc.

Anyone else bought these and can confirm they will fit UKDM right hand drive and are they actually any good?
Please keep me informed I’m interested.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the owner protection plan which has an interior protection aspect to it.

Normally I don’t buy these extended warranties but the price was reasonable and this is a car I plan to keep for a little while.

Also got the wheel and tire protection.

Hopefully will pick up the car later in the week

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
The only thing is with those protection plans is that when you read the small print and restrictions, they are very limited in the scope of the protection they offer. I did look at all those plans when I was buying my CTR a few months ago and decided not to bother with them as they are simply not worth the cost. I took out the extended warranty that covers the car for 5 years instead of the the UK standard 3 years and I bought the 5 years servicing. I also took out a GAP Insurance plan but not through Honda.

The bolster protectors...they have agreed to a refund if they don't fit my car and they will pay return shipping to Germany up to €20 (I think this is fair) so I have said I'd be happy to cover anything over 20€ for the shipping. Going ahead with an order so I will post back here once I receive them.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
Bolster protectors have shipped so should be with me in about a week, I'll post some photos when I receive them...

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
The only thing is with those protection plans is that when you read the small print and restrictions, they are very limited in the scope of the protection they offer. I did look at all those plans when I was buying my CTR a few months ago and decided not to bother with them as they are simply not worth the cost. I took out the extended warranty that covers the car for 5 years instead of the the UK standard 3 years and I bought the 5 years servicing. I also took out a GAP Insurance plan but not through Honda.

The bolster protectors...they have agreed to a refund if they don't fit my car and they will pay return shipping to Germany up to €20 (I think this is fair) so I have said I'd be happy to cover anything over 20€ for the shipping. Going ahead with an order so I will post back here once I receive them.
Very accurate. For instance i had a customer get declined seat cover replacement through his extended warranty because, and i quote; "..A spring or something physical has to be poking through it from inside the seat...". At Lexus. With a primo extended warranty.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Super shitty to hear on the extended warranty. I read the mouse print and yes stars have to align. The only saving grace is I got the warranties for a very good price but still......

I have the car now and agree with that the OP, the bolsters over time will take a beating.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
Still waiting for these bolster protectors turning up. Taking waaayyyy longer than I expected.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
Made from a red PVC leatherette and a sort of thin foam material with a weaved black top surface and then velcro on the strap ends. Red stitching throughout. Also came with a plastic tool for pushing the material in around the seat when installing. They seem to be well made. I didn't know what material they were as the descriptions and photos etc weren't clear on that and I did think they would be black alcantara to match the seats with the red leatherette.

Haven't tried installing them yet and don't know exactly how but I expect it will become apparent once I get out to the car and look at it. I dont yet know if they fit the UKDM right hand drive but will report back with photos etc.
Sponsored