Pros and Con TSP Stage 1

Sharingan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018 Coupe
Country flag
Been reading a lot on this forum and see many positive reviews about the TSP Stage 1.
Relatively a beginner with the whole tuning/modding community

Can anyone name Cons for using TSP stage 1, I was thinking that the base tunes that come with Ktuner would satisfy my needs. I just want to make my daily driving a little more fun, no need for anything too crazy for me.
I only ask because I see countless of people saying that once they go to Tsp stage 1, they can't go back to Base map. I am worried about the possibility of engine harm if I do go with TSp though. Again, still learning about everything and just wanted to know if I would be fine staying with stock base map.
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I went back to the base 21 because tsp 1 jerk so much during traffic and low speed. Even after adjusting the boost for 1st gear, it still happening.

OP
OP

Sharingan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018 Coupe
Country flag
I went back to the base 21 because tsp 1 jerk so much during traffic and low speed. Even after adjusting the boost for 1st gear, it still happening.
Thanks for your feedback, that is quite a dealbreaker for me as I commute to school and work.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback, that is quite a dealbreaker for me as I commute to school and work.
This is due to disabling rev-hang and it's really only an "issue" when you are creeping along in traffic. You can either turn it off altogether in the map before you upload it to the unit or use the cruise control button to turn it on/off.

OP
OP

Sharingan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018 Coupe
Country flag
This is due to disabling rev-hang and it's really only an "issue" when you are creeping along in traffic. You can either turn it off altogether in the map before you upload it to the unit or use the cruise control button to turn it on/off.
Just to clarify, this disabling rev-hang can be done on the fly right? Like while I am driving. Ive heard many positive things about disabling rev hang.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I didn't know cvt has rev-hang

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Just to clarify, this disabling rev-hang can be done on the fly right? Like while I am driving. Ive heard many positive things about disabling rev hang.
Yup, with cruise enabled (not necessarily set), rev-hang will be like stock.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
To answer the OP's original question, the KTuner starter maps are good and if you want something conservative, they will work just fine.

The TSP 1 is an upgrade in both power and overall smoothness. The biggest negative being some people have had some clutch slippage especially on Map 3. The beauty of KTuner tunes though is the on the fly map system that gives you 3 maps of various levels of boost.

With my TSP setup, I like to use the lower power maps most of the time and then use Map 3 for "special occasions". :cool: That way, I can keep wear and tear down and reliability up.
Sponsored