ProKit Spring users, any blown shocks?

cbowman78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys,

I specifically have the HFP suspension on my 18 Si, and am debating about lowering with ProKit springs. My concern is I will need to buy the entire HFP suspension kit again, if I blow one shock/strut (No replacement parts available separately).

Are there any other springs that may be more shock friendly that will atleast lower .75 F & R?
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys,

I specifically have the HFP suspension on my 18 Si, and am debating about lowering with ProKit springs. My concern is I will need to buy the entire HFP suspension kit again, if I blow one shock/strut (No replacement parts available separately).

Are there any other springs that may be more shock friendly that will atleast lower .75 F & R?
I ve had the prokit installed since last march and no shock issues. The springs don't feel much stiffer than stock To be honest, they ride very comfortably. I kind of wish they were stiffer to be honest. Hope this helps

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey guys,

Hey, you're not too far from us! Welcome to the forum :)

Pro Kit is a mild drop Spring, engineered well for Si application. Whiteline is another great choice at 0.8" all around drop; I've been running these on our Blue Si since August of last year, and they've been a perfect street spring with track capabilities!

https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-lowering-springs

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the Pro Kit is a solid choice that you can go with and not have to worry about. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

cbowman78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, you're not too far from us! Welcome to the forum :)

Pro Kit is a mild drop Spring, engineered well for Si application. Whiteline is another great choice at 0.8" all around drop; I've been running these on our Blue Si since August of last year, and they've been a perfect street spring with track capabilities!

https://unity-performance.com/products/whiteline-lowering-springs
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have been checking your website out, and you being very close is going to cause my wallet some issues. Lol.

Would you recommend the ProKit or the Whiteline springs? Do you by chance know which set has the lower spring rate?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have been checking your website out, and you being very close is going to cause my wallet some issues. Lol.

Would you recommend the ProKit or the Whiteline springs? Do you by chance know which set has the lower spring rate?
Front:
OE rate: 2.5 kg/mm (141 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT rate: 2.8 kg/mm (157 lbs/in)
Whiteline rate: 4.5kg/mm (253lb/in)

Rear:
OE rate: 2.8 kg/mm (162 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT Progressive rate: 2.1-3.2 kg/mm (120-183 lbs/in)
Whiteline rate: 5.1kg/mm (286lb/in)

These are all the specs I could find, they might be slightly different for Si models but there's a big difference between Whiteline and Eibach apparently.

OP
OP

cbowman78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Front:
OE rate: 2.5 kg/mm (141 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT rate: 2.8 kg/mm (157 lbs/in)
Whiteline rate: 4.5kg/mm (253lb/in)

Rear:
OE rate: 2.8 kg/mm (162 lbs/in)
PRO-KIT Progressive rate: 2.1-3.2 kg/mm (120-183 lbs/in)
Whiteline rate: 5.1kg/mm (286lb/in)

These are all the specs I could find, they might be slightly different for Si models but there's a big difference between Whiteline and Eibach apparently.
Thanks for the info!!! Am I correct in thinking that the Whiteline Springs would be harder on the struts, with the increased spring rate? I love how my HFP suspension handles now, just wish it had a mild drop

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I had my Eibach pro kit for about 2 years and about 60k miles and my shocks still seem to dampen. I mainly drive streets so it pretty good considering streets tend to have more imperfections in the roads compared to highways. Not looking forward to replacing them when they do finally give out.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info!!! Am I correct in thinking that the Whiteline Springs would be harder on the struts, with the increased spring rate? I love how my HFP suspension handles now, just wish it had a mild drop
Hey I have hfp As well. Wish I had a mild drop. What did you end up going with?

OP
OP

cbowman78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey I have hfp As well. Wish I had a mild drop. What did you end up going with?
I initially went with the Pro-Kit. Very comfortable ride. However, I happened to take a ride in an Si with Swift springs, and loved how it handled, and the firmness it had (Especially rear springs, Pro-Kit sags in the rear when launching).

Extremely happy with my Swift springs. But if you want a mild drop and comfort, go Pro-Kit.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions… Let me know. ?

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the pro-kit on stock shocks, with Eibach sway bars front and rear. I autocross and do track days with my car, so performance is high on my list, along with cost, then comfort. I still commute with this car, so I need to keep a little comfort. These springs are good for the street and not bouncy. Sport mode makes the car bounce more, but tolerable on the highway. Wouldn't do sport mode in the city. I haven't tried other lowering springs, so I can only compare to OEM. I'll do coilovers if I need more performance, but everything is fine for now. The stance is also great, and I can still clear deer guts and moderate snow. Great price too. These springs, coupled with their sway bars are a great package. A good tire is needed to really lean on the sway bars, otherwise they will just be a waste of time.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Here is the car with the front left loaded in a turn in sport mode. Pretty flat and well balanced.
Honda Civic 10th gen ProKit Spring users, any blown shocks? FB_IMG_1636400502031
Sponsored