szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hi all! I’ll managed to get two recaros basicly sportsters with airbags from a corsa OPC. Was planning to swap the stock seats for a while and did not want to end with a typer sign in my interior ? it was a steal for 450€ both ? now i need to figure out the bracket/rails , or get a custom part. any ideas guys? According to my mechanic SRS wont be a problem we’ll see ? some photos...

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Recaro DF967090-35DD-49E2-96B3-945E87929F8A

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Recaro 76C4DB4F-0B07-42CF-91A0-90911B808BFD

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Recaro F6FAE955-66E9-4C58-B395-64AABBD5B485

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Gorgeous seats.
The airbag wiring won't be a problem but keep in mind there will be a seat occupancy sensor too.

Are the rails removable? There's brackets available for the 10th gen that allow you to fit universal seats. Even if you have to go custom, it's a pretty straightforward job though. ?

OP
OP
szk4lpel

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! Where can i buy the bracket? Can you send me a link?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
OP
OP
szk4lpel

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you planning on keeping/reusing your original seats? If not, if just cannibalise the original rail and add it to the Recaro's. It shouldn't take any more than an hour's work for a mechanic but I'd make sure you've addressed the wiring before chopping the brackets off. ?

OP
OP
szk4lpel

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe its cheaper to buy on spare oem rail set from honda... and just cannibalised as you said the old ones...

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
You just need bottom-mount brackets, they're pretty universal. Only thing that changes are what car they're for.

Any local performance shop you'd get parts from normally should be able to get them (since it's difficult for us to gauge who ships to you for a reasonable price). RHDJapan was a decent option for Europe users IIRC too.

Can confirm though the planted rails are a decent option.

Don't be afraid to modify them if the seat sits too high afterwards too i.e. cut and weld the brackets. Higher seats isn't uncommon with aftermarket.

Sharp looking seats tho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
szk4lpel

szk4lpel

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got an update from my mechanic, install day is set to 9th of december. 2 day job he said, and will go the cannibalise version for sure, importing brackets to Europe would be a nightmare ( my 27won tip is held by customs for 3 weeks:( Hope the install will go well...

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got an update from my mechanic, install day is set to 9th of december. 2 day job he said, and will go the cannibalise version for sure, importing brackets to Europe would be a nightmare ( my 27won tip is held by customs for 3 weeks:( Hope the install will go well...
My 27WON TIP got released within the same day after paying dont remeber exactly, something like 300 euro....!

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep us updated on the progress. They're really nice seats so I'm looking forward to seeing how they look in the civic. ?
Sponsored