Project Blackout.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
It's highly dependent on technique, but the stuff is self-levelling and self-healing, so there's no need to worry about spots; when it dries it'll level itself out so you won't have splotches (to a reasonable amount of course.)

Instructions are to spray from 4~5" away - closer + more coats = smoother.
I know it might cost a little bit more but the results are way better and looks Factory just get them wrapped and gloss black
Sponsored

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never too much black when you're going for the blackout look. I have been working on getting my truck done so I have been falling behind on my post but I am continuing to black this thing out. I am looking to get new black wheels but I am going to get coilovers for it first to see what kind of stance I get and what wheels will flow best. I think your plan is great!
Here is a picture of my current project(2015 Ram 1500, white), just so you know what I am up to:) I have a lot of parts about to go on the truck so it will look much better. And an updated picture of the Civic! Which will be getting updates soon as well.
ethanRam.jpeg

ethanhonda.jpeg
Looks great !!,I'm doing the same thing to my 2015 ecoboost mustang

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_20160620_070918

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Never too much black when you're going for the blackout look. I have been working on getting my truck done so I have been falling behind on my post but I am continuing to black this thing out. I am looking to get new black wheels but I am going to get coilovers for it first to see what kind of stance I get and what wheels will flow best. I think your plan is great!
Here is a picture of my current project(2015 Ram 1500, white), just so you know what I am up to:) I have a lot of parts about to go on the truck so it will look much better. And an updated picture of the Civic! Which will be getting updates soon as well.
ethanRam.jpeg

ethanhonda.jpeg
Funny I traded in my bright white 2011 Ram Hemi 4 door sport edition for my 2016 civic coupe.. I miss it though.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Funny I traded in my bright white 2011 Ram Hemi 4 door sport edition for my 2016 civic coupe.. I miss it though.
I love having both. The new 8 speed paired with the 5.7 Hemi is amazing, but when I want the gas mileage I just hope in the Civic. Plus, I am a finance manager for a Ram dealership and my fiance is a saleswoman for Honda. So might as well take advantage of the deals!

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love having both. The new 8 speed paired with the 5.7 Hemi is amazing, but when I want the gas mileage I just hope in the Civic. Plus, I am a finance manager for a Ram dealership and my fiance is a saleswoman for Honda. So might as well take advantage of the deals!
This was the only pic I had..1st day brought it home..

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. FB_IMG_1466541994954

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great !!,I'm doing the same thing to my 2015 ecoboost mustang

IMG_20160620_070918.jpg
How do you like the ecoboost.. I didn't know about them until after I got my civic? Looks sharp

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the ecoboost.. I didn't know about them until after I got my civic? Looks sharp
I love it !! The quickness of the turbo and the gas mileage is great I was talking recently to boomba racing and they're going to be making blow-off valves for the new civic as well.. the funny thing is I can't believe how much more room is in the 2 door Civic Coupe than my Mustang

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love it !! The quickness of the turbo and the gas mileage is great I was talking recently to boomba racing and they're going to be making blow-off valves for the new civic as well.. the funny thing is I can't believe how much more room is in the 2 door Civic Coupe than my Mustang
I would love to have Boomba as a distributor. I was looking into getting a Focus ST and they make a good sounding BOV for them, so hopefully they can do the same for us. I love a good BOV.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to have Boomba as a distributor. I was looking into getting a Focus ST and they make a good sounding BOV for them, so hopefully they can do the same for us. I love a good BOV.
I have already talked with them...they are,just as,excited to make one ..as,we are,wanting one ..I have ther BOV and a few other products on my ecoboost mustang...happy with ther quality and support

clubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, GMC, Hyundai
ethanRam.jpeg

ethanhonda.jpeg
Yeah haha, eventually (once it releases!) I'll be putting a nice full exhaust on, intake etc. I hope it will be a nice little car to rip around in haha

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish I could upload pictures, but the forum will no longer let me for some reason. I installed the Injen intake two days ago. I wrapped the intake and heat shield in heat wrap to help with heat, since I got the short ram intake. I did not want to get the full CAI. I removed the resonator a while ago so that saved me some time. Again, I wish I could upload pictures. The car sounds amazing and almost has a BOV sound to it when letting off the throttle. Definitely a great purchase.