2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hey everyone! I have been really slacking on this thread lately and I am sorry. Life has been crazy and it is only getting crazier. Just an update, I got my LED blinkers with NO HYPERFLASH. They are nice and bright with a good clean color. They come through the rear tint very well and I am very happy. I also ordered LED fog lights and headlights. I am taking the front bumper off soon to measure up and see if I can work in a black Mishimoto intercooler and also take my headlights to get tinted black and also get my Dragon Laminites put over my fog lights. The pictures attached show the new blinkers and how I mounted them. You can use a zip tie or double sided tape to hold the decoder box in place but the box fit right into place for me! I hope to have updates on the car soon. Have a great day!
!
ledbrakeinstall.jpg
eledblinkers.jpg
Where did you order the LED Headlights from? I'm debating between LED and HID - I'm afraid of shorting those super thin wires. I've also read the LED headlights dont do well under heat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you order the LED Headlights from? I'm debating between LED and HID - I'm afraid of shorting those super thin wires. I've also read the LED headlights dont do well under heat.
I went with Xenon Depot's LED headlights. Nice color, matches the DRL's and my new fog lights are extremely bright as well so I can light up the road very well. The headlights use a heat sink instead of a fan, which is great. Easy installation and good lights.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I also removed the intake resonator and drilled out the tiny hole that the intake pulls air through. The turbo spools much louder now and with windows down I love the sound. I wouldn't say I got a performance gain but I do feel the turbo spools quicker(Maybe on my head). But it was a free mod! Can't go wrong with that.

2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I went with Xenon Depot's LED headlights. Nice color, matches the DRL's and my new fog lights are extremely bright as well so I can light up the road very well. The headlights use a heat sink instead of a fan, which is great. Easy installation and good lights.
Can you send me a link? Thanks in advance. Also your tinted reverse lights look so badass! I'm taking my black EX to get tinted up tomorrow. I was considering just doing the reverse lights but I'm going to tint the red and do cutouts on the reverse, I think it'll do more for my basic EX rear-end, and 30% on all the windows.

I'm not going as dark as this guy but I think it looks badass

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you send me a link? Thanks in advance. Also your tinted reverse lights look so badass! I'm taking my black EX to get tinted up tomorrow. I was considering just doing the reverse lights but I'm going to tint the red and do cutouts on the reverse, I think it'll do more for my basic EX rear-end, and 30% on all the windows.

I'm not going as dark as this guy but I think it looks badass
Dang those taillights are BLACK. Here is a link to the headlights http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-LED-headlight-kit-p/h11-led-hl.htm
And here is a link to the Fog lights(These really surprised me).http://store.ijdmtoy.com/H11-H8-H10-9145-LED-Fog-Light-Driving-Lamps-p/40-02x-2835.htm
If you're driving at night with both of these, you will see everything. I bought some brighter Halogens for the high beams as well but will be going with an LED light for those soon since I want it all matching.

2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Dang those taillights are BLACK. Here is a link to the headlights http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-LED-headlight-kit-p/h11-led-hl.htm
And here is a link to the Fog lights(These really surprised me).http://store.ijdmtoy.com/H11-H8-H10-9145-LED-Fog-Light-Driving-Lamps-p/40-02x-2835.htm
If you're driving at night with both of these, you will see everything. I bought some brighter Halogens for the high beams as well but will be going with an LED light for those soon since I want it all matching.
Thanks dude I'll check those out, no fog lights on my EX though unfortunately. And ya those are way too black and not that well done, im gonna go for like a dark cherry red / smokey look. My cars also leased so tint and lights will be the extent of my mods :(

2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just got my tint work done on my black EX.

I went with 45% in the front, 35% in the back, and 20% in the rear. I feel like I could have gone darker but I haven't seen it in low lighting conditions yet. It will definitely grow on me.

I also had my tail lights and all reflectors done with a film. I believe it's called oracal. It looks very smooth and professional, not like those cheap sprays.

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. QoGaBAl

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. yNAuYKF

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. al0cu8C

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. MS5WRg8

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. CFw87eR

I'm very pleased!

I really wanna know what you guys think!

Last edited:

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5

I went with 45% in the front, 35% in the back, and 20% in the rear. I feel like I could have gone darker but I haven't seen it in low lighting conditions yet. It will definitely grow on me.

I also had my tail lights and all reflectors done with a film. I believe it's called oracal. It looks very smooth and professional, not like those cheap sprays.

I'm very pleased!

I really like the subtle darkening of the tail lights you did. Really looks nice with black and gives it a unique look. I would have personally gone with 20% tint all around just because I think it looks cleaner when all windows match and is a bit darker with black. I could also be a bit biased considering I live in AZ where it gets to 115+ in the summer.

2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I really like the subtle darkening of the tail lights you did. Really looks nice with black and gives it a unique look. I would have personally gone with 20% tint all around just because I think it looks cleaner when all windows match and is a bit darker with black. I could also be a bit biased considering I live in AZ where it gets to 115+ in the summer.
Could I have gone darker? Probably. However it look dope once the sun starts coming down. 20% is a bit too ghetto for me but would have looked sick as well. Overall I'm very happy with how it all blends together. The tail lights are absolute fire though I'm in love

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I'm very pleased!

I love the tint on the red lights. I might have to do that as well. I link it would look good with my blacked out clear lenses. Did you do the reflectors in the rear bumper as well? They look darker.

2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I love the tint on the red lights. I might have to do that as well. I link it would look good with my blacked out clear lenses. Did you do the reflectors in the rear bumper as well? They look darker.
Thanks! It completely changed the look of the car. I did do the reflectors in the rear and the orange ones in the front. I would just leave your clear lenses tinted it looks amazing.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX

I'm very pleased!

Love it!

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
er paint was $9 plus two hours of careful work.
Wheels and tires were $1447 at Discount Tire
Konig Wheels 8.5 19 with a 45mm offset
Motivo Tires 235/35/R19
Window Tint was $140
Stereo was $650 to include JL 12" sub with Fosgate Amp

I sold my factory wheels and tires for $800 out the door on Craig's list to a guy who had an 2014 LX. He was very happy with his new look as well.

The total for the mods was $2213. After I sold the factory wheels and tires, I have the perfect car for $1413.

I loose about 20% in ride comfort and road noise with the wider/low profile tires and it took about 1 hour for me to figure out how to re-calibrate the tire sensors (TPMS) but all is well! The speedometer is off by 1 mph when compared to my speedo app.
20160111_083558.jpg
20160111_083519.jpg
Nice wheels:D

clubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, GMC, Hyundai
I'm going to buy a 2017 Civic Si once they released. I have talked to the dealer and have one priced out currently. My plans are to tint the windows 15% all the way around, light tint on taillights, and blacken out the chrome grill and side peices. What are your thoughts on this? To much tint? To much black?

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to buy a 2017 Civic Si once they released. I have talked to the dealer and have one priced out currently. My plans are to tint the windows 15% all the way around, light tint on taillights, and blacken out the chrome grill and side peices. What are your thoughts on this? To much tint? To much black?
Never too much black when you're going for the blackout look. I have been working on getting my truck done so I have been falling behind on my post but I am continuing to black this thing out. I am looking to get new black wheels but I am going to get coilovers for it first to see what kind of stance I get and what wheels will flow best. I think your plan is great!
Here is a picture of my current project(2015 Ram 1500, white), just so you know what I am up to:) I have a lot of parts about to go on the truck so it will look much better. And an updated picture of the Civic! Which will be getting updates soon as well.
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ethanRam

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ethanhonda