Project Blackout.

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
(This thread has changed drastically over time. The original car was rear ended and I got a WOP Civic. Read on and enjoy or skip to the end and see the new WOP as it unfolds!)

Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to this forum but I am anxious for us to all share our ideas; so I am going to start my own thread.

So far I have not done a whole lot, but I might as well share as I go.
We have a 2016 Civic and is black in color. 1.5T.
We got it for my girlfriend(Traded in our 2015 Jeep Renegade).

Here in the picture I have attached it shows I have already:
Taken the badging off the rear
Tinted the clear lenses
And also I have PlastiDipped the H emblem with black dip and a few coats of clear on top.
(Please ignore the stupid plate frames and inserts, they will be gone soon)
I have also blacked out the front side reflectors. I would share a picture but I drove my truck to work today.

I have a long way to go but it's a start. Hopefully we see some aftermarket accessories soon!

Excuse how dirty she is!
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. ethanciviv
Sponsored

Last edited:

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm looking at doing the same for my car, I'd love to see more pictures of what yours looks like, I'm not a fan of the chrome at all.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at doing the same for my car, I'd love to see more pictures of what yours looks like, I'm not a fan of the chrome at all.
I am at work for now, but I will definitely keep this post updated as I go. Tonight and tomorrow I am going to do a little more. I hope this thread helps you out!

chococat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm really diggin the tinted clear lenses! It makes the taillights stand out more. Would you mind telling me what tint did you use and if I could get those online?

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
+1 on the all red tail lights. I also would like to know how you did it!

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of aftermarket accessories do you think you'll add on to her? Also the blacked out H looks really good.
I will most likely be doing the factory underbody spoilers. I will also be doing window tint, all LED lights, make the3 rest of the car black as well. Lower it only slightly, and get some different wheels and tires. Then I will get creative from there on out. I also want a rear roof spoiler, a smaller one though.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I WI
I'm really diggin the tinted clear lenses! It makes the taillights stand out more. Would you mind telling me what tint did you use and if I could get those online?
I masked the lenses off with painters tape, and used a product called Night Shade. It can usually be found at your local Auto Zone. It suggests to never do more than 4 coats but I ended up doing about the equivalent of 6 so it matched the gloss of the paint. The light for the blinkers and back up lights still come through very well and I haven't even added LED lights yet. It takes some practice to get it smooth and even, but I have done this to many cars. I hope this helps!

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I didn't get to the car today or yesterday. Closing out the half of the month at work and cleaned the house haha. But here is a picture I took this morning before leaving the house of the front of the Civic. Soon to be no chrome, I hope.
Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. 20160114_152238

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just a heads up I just finished plastidipping the chrome on the front bumper and its a couple shades darker than the plastic pieces below and above it. Im gonna have to go over those pieces tomorrow to match the chrome.

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up I just finished plastidipping the chrome on the front bumper and its a couple shades darker than the plastic pieces below and above it. Im gonna have to go over those pieces tomorrow to match the chrome.
Thank you for letting me know. Did you remove the chrome peices when dipping them or just mask off the peices?

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I covered as much as i could but it would definitely be easier if you paint the plastic trimming and the chrome. I didnt even look how to remove the chrome pieces.

futurehendrix

Intro about nothin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Camry XSE 2.5L, 16' Civic EX-L 1.5L TURBO
I'm also thinking about plasti-dipping the chrome parts too. Yours looks dope!