Project Blackout.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Cant wait until someone totals their hatchback, let me at that thing. Strip that grill, bumpers, wheels, lol.
Sponsored

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
This is what the chrome on the front looks like blacked out in the daytime. I still want to do the plastic under and above it to match. But it looks so much more aggressive now.

image.jpeg
I didn't get a black car when I got my EX this week since my family's had black cars (including me) since before I could walk, but this is a beauty.

Mike_Le

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Used some nightshade on my front reflectors and I think they turned out great; nice glossy black like all my other accents. And at night the lights are red so that was an unexpected plus lol. Shoutout to Ethan for the advice!

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5473.JPG

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Used some nightshade on my front reflectors and I think they turned out great; nice glossy black like all my other accents. And at night the lights are red so that was an unexpected plus lol. Shoutout to Ethan for the advice!

IMG_5473.JPG
Nice job! Glad I could help. Looks clean.

HatchSense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX w/Sensing
Finally dipped the front and back Honda emblems as well as the chrome above the windows on each side. I really found the chrome above the windows ridiculous, given that the front grill is blacked out and the chrome is black on every other hatchback car color. FYI, the front and back emblems look great, but the side chrome above the windows did not turn out as well. In the end, I'm satisfied with the results.

Next up, tinting windows followed by some LED lights!

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5083.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5085.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5084.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5089.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5092.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. IMG_5091.JPG

CxkeWave_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Anybody got a link to dark vinyl fimls or anything i could use to smoke out my headlights and tailights?

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
Flashpro is here. But, Honda broke some clips in my trunk when putting my black badge on. So I am in a loaner. Soon! I will let
20170301_193643.jpg
you know how it is when I install it.
Would you mind directing me to where you found the black Honda logo? And the dealership installed it for you?

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would you mind directing me to where you found the black Honda logo? And the dealership installed it for you?
I painted the logo myself. I was unable to find them online. I had to have the dealer order me a normal one and paint it because once you take the old one off, you can not reuse it. The clips break.

mikeyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, '17 Civic Hatchbacks EX-L
I painted the logo myself. I was unable to find them online. I had to have the dealer order me a normal one and paint it because once you take the old one off, you can not reuse it. The clips break.
Ah I see. Once it arrived, how hard was it to install and swap out? Did you do both the front and back?

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah I see. Once it arrived, how hard was it to install and swap out? Did you do both the front and back?
Again, the Honda dealership put them on for me. The trunk is a huge pain and I had them put the emblem on when I had the grille swapped out. You have to take the entire front grille apart to get the emblem off and back on. the trunk has to be disassembled to get the rear one. It is no easy task for such a small thing.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
(This thread has changed drastically over time. The original car was rear ended and I got a WOP Civic. Read on and enjoy or skip to the end and see the new WOP as it unfolds!)

Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to this forum but I am anxious for us to all share our ideas; so I am going to start my own thread.

So far I have not done a whole lot, but I might as well share as I go.
We have a 2016 Civic and is black in color. 1.5T.
We got it for my girlfriend(Traded in our 2015 Jeep Renegade).

Here in the picture I have attached it shows I have already:
Taken the badging off the rear
Tinted the clear lenses
And also I have PlastiDipped the H emblem with black dip and a few coats of clear on top.
(Please ignore the stupid plate frames and inserts, they will be gone soon)
I have also blacked out the front side reflectors. I would share a picture but I drove my truck to work today.

I have a long way to go but it's a start. Hopefully we see some aftermarket accessories soon!

Excuse how dirty she is!
ethanciviv.jpg
Where do you get the tinted clear lenses? Really interested in getting them...

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
blacking out headlights and taillights is probably the worse thing you can do. it looks cheap and it makes it hard for anyone else to see your brake lights or signals. putting a light vinyl smoke on it is the best route to go.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
blacking out headlights and taillights is probably the worse thing you can do. it looks cheap and it makes it hard for anyone else to see your brake lights or signals. putting a light vinyl smoke on it is the best route to go.
Guess its a good thing that you aren't driving my car or paying for my mods then huh!? Maybe all of us with tinted lights should have checked with you first to get your opinion before we made our decision!? :rolleyes:
Sponsored