Production Number passed 1000 already

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
1500 this first round is very accurate
Yup, our regional rep told me a very close number to 1500 for all the MY2017's. There wont be very many. I would imagine that the MY2018 could see that same number or maybe less for the touring trim level. Then if they implement a base model, I would say we may see 2000 or so total units for MY2018, combining the Touring and the "rumored" base model.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
15% US/CANADA 25% JP 20% UK Does that mean 40% from China or what.

out of 1500, 15% is allocated for US only??

Those production numbers are for the whole world, I assume. Still hoping for a very scarcity market in the US

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
And to think Honda would probably sell all of them that they could make. I'm very queries if by next year or 2019 these will be just sitting around on the lots. When I bought my 2015 STI , I had to search high & low to find one. It was very similar to what's going on now. But now I can run down to my local dealership & pick one up right now lol

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
out of 1500, 15% is allocated for US only??

Those production numbers are for the whole world, I assume. Still hoping for a very scarcity market in the US

I was pointing out parts origins not production numbers....

JalFK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
My friend is the marketing director for a Honda dealer here in Cleveland, I bought my sport hatch from here in November.

He told me each dealer will receive 2 Type-R's.
There are just over 1000 dealers in the US, so I would assume approximately 2000 Type-R's to the US in 2017.

xpimpindistressx

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma Offroad
Country flag
My friend is the marketing director for a Honda dealer here in Cleveland, I bought my sport hatch from here in November.

He told me each dealer will receive 2 Type-R's.
There are just over 1000 dealers in the US, so I would assume approximately 2000 Type-R's to the US in 2017.
(2) Type Rs in what time frame tho? thats the magical question.

I was told all dealerships are getting only 1 to start (confirmed in database) BUT the 2nd one could be months or years out.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
(2) Type Rs in what time frame tho? thats the magical question.

I was told all dealerships are getting only 1 to start (confirmed in database) BUT the 2nd one could be months or years out.
I've addressed this in another post, and maybe this one as well, but there will be about 2500 R's sold this model year. After this initial roll out of every dealer getting their first one we will start seeing orders for the dealers who are getting a second. And then some a third by the end of the year. I have been told by a trusted source all 2017 MY will be in dealers before end of year. This is a UK production project so lead time has already been figured out months in advance on all of this.

IMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW GLI, 2017 Civic Type R
I've addressed this in another post, and maybe this one as well, but there will be about 2500 R's sold this model year. After this initial roll out of every dealer getting their first one we will start seeing orders for the dealers who are getting a second. And then some a third by the end of the year. I have been told by a trusted source all 2017 MY will be in dealers before end of year. This is a UK production project so lead time has already been figured out months in advance on all of this.
2500 R's for the U.S.? ...or does that include Canada's numbers too?

CivicNut1109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Civic Si Coupe
2500 R's for the U.S.? ...or does that include Canada's numbers too?
I kinda doubt it would include ours up here simply because we get extras from what we can see from the 2-3 pictures of ours in ports.
1. We only get white/black this year
2. We seem to get lane watch/wireless charging and maybe some other goodies.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
I kinda doubt it would include ours up here simply because we get extras from what we can see from the 2-3 pictures of ours in ports.
1. We only get white/black this year
2. We seem to get lane watch/wireless charging and maybe some other goodies.
We usually get the crap end on features here in the states.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
We usually get the crap end on features here in the states.
Not great I agree but at least you are getting 5 colours. I would trade in the two add on features up here any day of the week for a chance to get a Red or PMM coloured CTR.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Not great I agree but at least you are getting 5 colours. I would trade in the two add on features up here any day of the week for a chance to get a Red or PMM coloured CTR.
Haha. I'm getting white like I want so I'd keep the features
Sponsored