'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
As mentioned earlier, the covered Honda is most likely the new Honda Clarity.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I think it's the Si but they both have very similar design
I really doubt that they would reveal a North American only car at the international Auto show. I could be wrong, but I don't think the newest Si's had really been available everywhere else.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We will see tomorrow yes?
For sure! I mean I could be completely wrong though, I mean we never had a Civic Type R over here in the states so I would imagine anything is possible at this point. So stoked!

Anybody else starting to feeling it's Christmas in March?! Lol

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
As mentioned earlier, the covered Honda is most likely the new Honda Clarity.
Why would they cover up a car that has already been showcased? That thing was at all sorts of Auto Shows already. Nope, there's something new under there.
Shit, maybe it's a Mugen Civic for all we know (just kidding, i'd expect a spoiler lol).

STiTCH87

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan, 2006 Scion TC
"HONDACivic Type R World debut of new Civic hot hatch at the Geneva motor show
NeuV European debut for fully electric concept car first shown at CES
Clarity Fuel-cell pioneer makes another showing at Geneva, after first Euro sales began late 2016"

Source: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-ne...or-show-2017-preview-a-z-of-all-the-new-cars/

50/50 chance it's a car that's a surprise and not on the list, or it's just a stupid Clarity that us Americans don't care about. Lol.

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
Is it midnight yet?? I've never been this excited about a car before! Can't wait to see more pics of CW! :spaz::spaz::spaz:

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really doubt that they would reveal a North American only car at the international Auto show. I could be wrong, but I don't think the newest Si's had really been available everywhere else.
But, didn't they show a European Only Type R in 2015 at the International Auto Show?

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
So I don't want to sound stupid, but is it 530am EASTERN TIME (March 7th)?

And what is the easiest way to watch the unveil?

Summerwha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Civic Hatchback Si
You know what makes me angry? All the misinformation being spread out there by so-called information given to potential customers by so-called dealer employees that, in my eyes either don't know any info or are spreading bad info given to them from higher up dealer employees that really don't give a crap.

How are dealers "hyping up" the CTR when we know almost nothing about it?

There is barely any accurate information out there available to dealers on this car and I really hate that these a-holes keep giving us true enthusiasts and car salesmen a bad name.

I work at a family owned dealer that has no enthusiasts at the top of it so all they see is Metal being sold but at the same time it has the policy not to charge ADM on any vehicles. Is up to me and another enthusiast salesperson to keep up with the latest on the CTR by investigating the iN (internal Honda System) and making calls and communication with the Regional Rep.

I will be 100% up-front... I want one and have placed my deposit as well. I have already been told I will be paying MSRP like any other customer so no benefit there, but I really don't care, I was already expecting this. Now it's a matter of how much and what's going to be available for me. I want a Ralley Red one so that might take a minute for me to achieve.

The point is that there is so much bad info out there that it's hard to choose who to believe. I understand but, I believe what I know and I know it's more than likely correct. Can't say 100% but it's the best I have.

Y'all have a great night!!!

BA
Do you have any idea what msrp will be? I've heard everything from 32 to 40. That's a big difference.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But, didn't they show a European Only Type R in 2015 at the International Auto Show?
Yeah, but it was also revealed in Europe, where it was available. I feel like if the Si continues to be exclusively available to North America then it will be unveiled at a North American Auto Show. Like the LA Autoshow or Detroit Auto Show. Just my opinion.

But like I also said, it very well could be available to other countries as it had in the past. Especially seeing that we are experiencing the Type R finally coming to the states.

I personally think it could be the new Accord (prototype), or the rumored sports car project Honda has admittedly been working on (s2000 successor). But we shall see soon enough!

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
@JYR I believe that most sites will be posting the Type R pics and info by 1am EST. the embargo should be lifted at that time for all media outlets
f that. Ill get up at 530- which is about an hour early for me and grab a cup of joe and have a shit-eating grin on my face. Can't wait!

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Do you have any idea what msrp will be? I've heard everything from 32 to 40. That's a big difference.
Not even a little...

I will venture a guess of just under $35,000 USD.

We have I'll know, hopefully in a few hours.

BA
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.