Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
Country flag
Hey all!

Scroll to bottom for TLDR

I just finished installing my new springs over the weekend and just wanted to take the time to leave a small product review along with some pictures. The very last picture is upon finishing the spring install. The 2 before that are 18s on stock suspension.

I previously had Swift springs on my last CTR and was not very fond of the way they felt and handled. They were a bit too stiff as well as too bouncy for my liking and putting it in comfort mode only magnified how bouncy and unstable they felt. I ultimately ended up selling the Swifts and reverting back to my stock suspension.

My CTR is primarily a commuter car, driving it about 3-4 days a week. I never had the opportunity to track the car with the stock suspension, or the swifts so in that aspect I wont be able to compare how the ISC's perform on the track vs the setups mentioned.

When considering new lowering springs, I had narrowed my search down to ISC's or Eibachs. I wasn't able to find much info on the ISC springs for the Type R application but I ultimately ended up giving it a shot since I've run their suspension in the past with my prior vehicles and never had any real issues with the way they performed.

Now for the review!

Drop: The Triple S' advertised a 1 inch drop front and rear (same as Swifts). The drop is fairly even with no driver/passenger lean. I measured each corner to verify this. I am on 18's with a 245/40/18 so the drop is perfect for me. There is a small tire gap in the front and rear which imo is perfect for fulfilling my daily driving criteria.

Ride: This is very subjective, what I consider good for me could be horrible for another person. I know many on here swear by Swifts but I couldn't stand the ride. The ISC Triple S' are a world of difference when compared to my old Swifts. They're noticeable stiffer and slightly bouncier than stock but I would say the springs help retain the factory driving characteristics of the CTR. I feel in control of the vehicle at all time, I confirmed this during my normal commute to work. There is a stretch of highway that I take that features pretty uneven pavement. In the past I would have to slow down a lot while going over the section of uneven pavement due to the car bouncing all over the place and giving the sense of being uncontrollable. This wasn't the case with the ISC's, of course, the car still bounced a bit for the uneven road, but I still felt like I had control of the vehicle and the bounce was not as severe as in the past. All 3 driving modes have handle pretty well and almost feel like I'm still on stock suspension except when I hit a corner or on-ramp, then you can really tell the difference! Feels planted and controlled the whole way through.

Appearance: Not much to say here, they're your typical lowering springs. The springs almost remind me of Spoon springs, you'll notice the rubber cushions to help prevent/lessen spring clanking. I will say I was very impressed with how they came packaged and the carrying handle was a nice add! I'm sure the UPS guy also appreciated the carrying handle.

Install: Typical spring install. Rears took me 15-20 minutes and the fronts took me about 2 hours in my garage. For reference, I followed the Spoon springs DIY which helped a lot. Just be careful not to pop the axle out of place! Also a friendly tip, when removed the front lower control arm bolt, it helped a lot pushing/jacking up the sway bar to allow adequate room for a socket and extension.

Price: MSRP is $299 but you can find them through various vendors for $249 or through ISC's online shop directly. Definitely cheaper than most other spring options on the market.

Final Notes: I only have 100 miles on the springs at the moment so the springs could still take some time to settle in. I will update this review as more time and miles pass. Overall I'm happy with my choice the ride and drop was exactly what I was looking for when shopping for lowering springs.

TLDR: Rides and handles better than my old Swift springs. 1" drop front and rear.
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4863.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4864.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4865.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4868.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4877.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4880.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4872.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_4871.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Product Review: ISC Suspensions Triple S Lowering Springs IMG_7575
Retains factory driving characteristics. Springs only $249, cheaper than most other options on market.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I purchased these springs from the OP almost a year ago- and I am in no way shape or form knocking the OP (I bought these knowing they were used). This is on ISC - the silencers on the front are now splitting (almost like they are dry rotting) - odds are I will be buying some swift's or eibach pro's soon. Stay away from this brand for the FK8. Again the OP @bRYANT619 is a stand up dude and this has NOTHING to do with him.