Problem with touch-screen display and radio settings (Honda Civic 2016 Ex)

Manthan_Shah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016 EX (4-dr sedan)
Hi Experts,

I am having problem with my touch-screen display and radio settings. The events are as follow:

Day 1: Touch-screen display stops working. It doesn't even show reverse camera or right lane camera. Radio stations can't be changed. Only one radio station plays.

Day 2: Touch-screen powers on but only shows one message "(Anti-Theft) System has lost power, restart it" (image has more detailed message). Even after following the instructions, nothing worked.
Radio doesn't work at all and main display near steering shows 'system off'. But reverse camera or right lane camera is visible in touch-screen display.

I appreciate your help for checking on this.

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Problem with touch-screen display and radio settings  (Honda Civic 2016 Ex) System Lost Power
Honda Civic 10th gen Problem with touch-screen display and radio settings  (Honda Civic 2016 Ex) Main Display

OP
OP

Manthan_Shah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have called the dealer and those guys are not responding well. They are saying I have to wait till next service appointment is available.
I think the dealer is not understanding the seriousness of the problem, the lane change sometimes works and sometimes not. In addition to all other problem.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Not sure how many days it has been since you picked up the car, but if it's not too long ago... talk to your sales guy and he should be able to get you in ASAP.

I had a window issue, called my sales guy and he told me to come in next morning and he spoke to the service guys and got me in and out in 20 mins.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
This EXACT same thing just happened to my EX yesterday morning! I did immediately take it to a dealership. While at the dealership, the message that you noted above came on the display. They kept it to "test and check for codes", but of course found none. I made sure everything was noted on the receipt, so if it keeps happening, I'll have everything documented. After they held the power button down for 2 seconds, everything has worked properly since.

I'm in Ohio, and I got my EX on 1/18/16.

OP
OP

Manthan_Shah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also the dealer has not installed anti-theft system 'low-jack' yet and still I am getting anti-theft error message.
I understand the low-jack is installed by third-party and not by Honda. Still I have to schedule an appointment through dealer and those guys are still getting back to me with a free slot since purchase.
The dealer's service is really bad.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Also the dealer has not installed anti-theft system 'low-jack' yet and still I am getting anti-theft error message.
I understand the low-jack is installed by third-party and not by Honda. Still I have to schedule an appointment through dealer and those guys are still getting back to me with a free slot since purchase.
The dealer's service is really bad.
I'm not sure what you mean about anti-theft system 'low-jack'. Maybe I missed something, but could you (or anybody) explain, please?

OP
OP

Manthan_Shah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. Holding power button is not working yet for me. Probably I will just go directly to dealer and request him. Unfortunately sales guy is on vacation.

Last edited:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I have called the dealer and those guys are not responding well. They are saying I have to wait till next service appointment is available.
I think the dealer is not understanding the seriousness of the problem, the lane change sometimes works and sometimes not. In addition to all other problem.
I would not find this to be an acceptable response.

As previously stated, call the salesperson or his manager. Service and sales are two different worlds at most Honda dealers I have ever bought from, and I always talk to my salesperson first if I have an issue of this scale. These folks are usually more motivated to get you at least an answer because you fill out their surveys :)

OP
OP

Manthan_Shah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure what you mean about anti-theft system 'low-jack'. Maybe I missed something, but could you (or anybody) explain, please?
Sorry if I am confusing you as I am new to all these terms. So, my dealer will be installing 'low-jack' a vehicle theft recovery device in car. Its not provided by honda, its a third party.

www.lojack.com/

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag

As previously stated, call the salesperson or his manager. Service and sales are two different worlds at most Honda dealers I have ever bought from, and I always talk to my salesperson first if I have an issue of this scale.
Agreed... I would take it in and ask to speak to the manager... it's new car, and you expect everything to be in working condition and if not, at least fix it immediately.

OP
OP

Manthan_Shah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As previously stated, call the salesperson or his manager. Service and sales are two different worlds at most Honda dealers I have ever bought from, and I always talk to my salesperson first if I have an issue of this scale. These folks are usually more motivated to get you at least an answer because you fill out their surveys :)
Finally sales manager has agreed to entertain me tomorrow. Finger crossed, I hope service team supports him. Till now sales and service team at dealer doesn't seem to be going well with each other.
Sponsored