Problem with Rear Window Tint -- Light refracting

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I have llumar ceramic 25% and I have refraction in the rear window. Not as bad as when I first got it, but it didn't go away. Doesn't affect my driving though.
Sponsored

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could just spray paint the inside of the glass... no more glare.. lol

acmclean123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Does this issue seem to happen on the 2016 Civic sedans and coupes or just coupes that have the more angled glass?

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
Does this issue seem to happen on the 2016 Civic sedans and coupes or just coupes that have the more angled glass?
It happens on my sedan and I have Llumar tint. I would assume the coupe would have this problem too especially if the back window slopes flatter than the sedan

acmclean123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Ughh. That sucks. Thanks for the feedback. I was going to have mine done this week.

ealt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CivicX 1.5TVtec
It also happen to my civic. Used 3M film (0.8mm). I got one theory. Is it possible that an auto dimming rear mirror can cause this issue?

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
It also happen to my civic. Used 3M film (0.8mm). I got one theory. Is it possible that an auto dimming rear mirror can cause this issue?
Nope. Not because of the auto dimming mirror. It's because the tint cannot tightly wrap around each of the defroster wires and the flatter angle of the rear window makes the effect worse.

capnd68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ext 6m
Country flag
I have same issue on 2017 ext 6m. I even asked the shop about it beforehand and he claimed he never heard of it. I got mine done 3 days ago. Does it get any better as it cures?

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess don't look out the back window.. use your cameras and drivers window.

firsthonda08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I have same issue on 2017 ext 6m. I even asked the shop about it beforehand and he claimed he never heard of it. I got mine done 3 days ago. Does it get any better as it cures?

What kind of film did you get? I have the 3M Color stable 35%. I got it done the week of Christmas and its pretty bad. I live in Atlanta and drive in 6 lanes of traffic...I prefer to glance out of my back window. I just met with a 3M rep and he said he had never heard of it and it is the slope of the window. The 3M rep is willing to replace it but I have to tell them what to put on my car...he's not going to "research" it cause its not his film that is causing the issue. Shouldn't they accommodate to the way the cars are being made?

Is their anyone with a 16 sedan ex that is not having this issue and what film do you have on your car? 3M is willing to replace it but I have to tell them what to put on my car...he's not going to "research" it cause its not his film that is causing the issue.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of film did you get? I have the 3M Color stable 35%. I got it done the week of Christmas and its pretty bad. I live in Atlanta and drive in 6 lanes of traffic...I prefer to glance out of my back window. I just met with a 3M rep and he said he had never heard of it and it is the slope of the window. The 3M rep is willing to replace it but I have to tell them what to put on my car...he's not going to "research" it cause its not his film that is causing the issue. Shouldn't they accommodate to the way the cars are being made?

Is their anyone with a 16 sedan ex that is not having this issue and what film do you have on your car? 3M is willing to replace it but I have to tell them what to put on my car...he's not going to "research" it cause its not his film that is causing the issue.
To be fair, my back window seemed a tad distorted before I had the window tint on, it just seemed more noticeable after the tint was put on

acmclean123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
I agree. It's an issue with the glass, not the tint. I have 3M 35% done 6 months ago. The shop said they've seen this issue with all of the new Civic's. I've gotten used to it. I just add it to the long list of other buggy items that this car has (crappy speakers, rattles, buggy audio interface, crappy carplay (might be Apple's issues), intermittent lane assist bugs, worthless right signal video, buggy 'brake now' warnings)

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. It's an issue with the glass, not the tint. I have 3M 35% done 6 months ago. The shop said they've seen this issue with all of the new Civic's. I've gotten used to it. I just add it to the long list of other buggy items that this car has (crappy speakers, rattles, buggy audio interface, crappy carplay (might be Apple's issues), intermittent lane assist bugs, worthless right signal video, buggy 'brake now' warnings)
Yep, all of those and more were reasons I got fed up and traded back to a more proven less buggy Honda. I traded for a 2016 CRV. I really liked the 2017 CRV, but I did not want to go thru the tortures of being an early adopter again. The 2016 body style has been around a long time, it's proven itself and 2+ months zero issues. When my lease is up I'll go for the newer style CRV, best of both worlds AWD and Turbo and the inside looks identical to a Civic.

firsthonda08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
My carplay will just go out while i'm driving. I have to stop, turn the car on and off then sometimes it will come back on. I've only had this car since October and i have around 5k miles on it.
Sponsored