Problem playing MP3 files from USB drive

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
It's back... :mad:

I shut the car off today and pulled the (working just fine) USB drive out to add some new songs. My PC, the same PC I used originally to load songs, wouldn't recognize the drive was inserted. Nor would my work laptop. Nor, it turns out, will my car after plugging the drive back in. So evidently Honda treats USB drives like Mission Impossible messages and destroys them upon removal from the car? Since no device will even acknowledge its presence in a USB slot, I can't reformat the drive to FAT32 and start over. Why the actual, homosapial, Scientological, rhetorical F am I having so much trouble with this??

The car is still barely under warranty - I would trot it right back to the dealership and tell them the original problem has reoccurred but I know they're going to tell me to pound sand. They were close to telling me to pound sand the first time I brought it to them because they couldn't just look up a solution in a manual, they had to think and, you know, thinking is hard and not profitable. I might just replace the head unit altogether - I guess it's time to browse the forum for recommendations on aftermarket HUs. The basic non-touchscreen model I have isn't all that desirable anyways.

Thanks for providing an avenue to vent. I feel better now. Slightly. Not much though. Actually, I'm still mighty pissed.
Just get a cell phone that has enough memory for your music and use bluetooth for everything. Much easier than dealing with a new head unit. I gave up and use my phone for everything through bliuetooth and have zero issues and it always works. Android Auto runs natively on the phone, SiriusXM and my own music works great just connected to my Civic's radio through the bluetooth. Just get a good cell phone mount and you are good to go .
Sponsored

OP
OP

joeyfan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport HB 6M, 2017 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just get a cell phone that has enough memory for your music and use bluetooth for everything. Much easier than dealing with a new head unit. I gave up and use my phone for everything through bliuetooth and have zero issues and it always works. Android Auto runs natively on the phone, SiriusXM and my own music works great just connected to my Civic's radio through the bluetooth. Just get a good cell phone mount and you are good to go .
I have the older-school non-touchscreen model of head unit but if Android Auto can talk to that, I will know this afternoon because I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I have the older-school non-touchscreen model of head unit but if Android Auto can talk to that, I will know this afternoon because I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
Android Auto can run on your phone's screen, you don't need a head unit. It is worth a try.
Sponsored