Pro Kit Installed -- Not Sitting Even Front to Back

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I installed Pro Kit on my 18' Hatch Sport a few weeks ago and recently noticed the rear sits a bit lower than the front & driver side front is lower than passenger side.

Driver side front to rear difference is about 1/8" - 3/16"
Passenger side front to rear difference is about ~1/2"

Any ideas why ?

Are you Pro Kit & Sportline guys sitting completely even all around ?
Sponsored

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
No there is no car in existence that sits perfectly level on all 4 corners, this is primarily because of 2reasona 1)) manufacturing is not 100% perfect and 2) weight on each corner is different. Had you measured the car when you bought it you will have noticed the height differences. It is only more noticeable when it is low. Another benefit of coilovers over springs is that you can adjust to minimize this

OP
OP

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
No there is no car in existence that sits perfectly level on all 4 corners, this is primarily because of 2reasona 1)) manufacturing is not 100% perfect and 2) weight on each corner is different. Had you measured the car when you bought it you will have noticed the height differences. It is only more noticeable when it is low. Another benefit of coilovers over springs is that you can adjust to minimize this
Yeah I agree & I wouldn't expect it to be perfectly level all around.

I was interested in finding out if other people with lowering springs have noticed similar differences, to at least rule out some sort of installation error on my part. I thought a 1/2" difference might be excessive

Last edited:
OP
OP

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Also dont forget if you just got it installed it still needs to settle before the drop is completely where it will end up. <- If that makes sense.
Yeah but I think enough time has passed that they should have settled already. New wheels & tires are coming very soon, so I'll wait & see how much worse/better it makes it look & decide what to do from there.

Last edited:

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Yeah but I think enough time has passed that they should have settled already. New wheels & tires are coming very soon, so I'll wait & see how much worse/better it makes it look & decide what to do from there.
It sounds like you didn't clock your spring properly..... Sucks, but I would make sure they are seated properly. 1/8" is ok. 1/2" worth checking.

Running the prokit as well. Front driver and passenger are different springs as well. Both rears are the same.

OP
OP

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
It sounds like you didn't clock your spring properly..... Sucks, but I would make sure they are seated properly. 1/8" is ok. 1/2" worth checking.

Running the prokit as well. Front driver and passenger are different springs as well. Both rears are the same.
Can you expand a bit more about clocking the springs ?

How level is your setup ?

Burt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic LX, 1992 Mazda Miata
Country flag
With a lot of OEM spring perches, the perch isn't level all the way around (perpendicular to the shock body) and the spring is shaped to sit on that uneven surface, so if the spring isn't rotated, or "clocked" in the right position it might not sit correctly which could affect ride height.

OP
OP

fdb_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
With a lot of OEM spring perches, the perch isn't level all the way around (perpendicular to the shock body) and the spring is shaped to sit on that uneven surface, so if the spring isn't rotated, or "clocked" in the right position it might not sit correctly which could affect ride height.
Yeah but all the rubber perches on the strut have grooves/pins/stops so that everything can only go one way. At least from what I remember anyway...

In any case, I think I will redo the passenger side strut & see if it will re-seat a bit better.

Last edited:

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought the Eibach springs had marked each spring specifically for each corner, the front end was labeled individually as I recall anyhow. I would make sure you have the correct springs in each corner followed by making sure they look "seated" correctly and not misaligned for whatever reasons. I don't have any issues like you mention, been running Sportlines for over 10k miles with no issues for reference.
Sponsored