PRL VS. MISHIMOTO INTERCOOLER

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
OK. So maybe they're doing some design work on their own. Going to deny that it's all made in CHINA?
What's not made there? I'm from Vermont and I would always buy Vermont American taps and dies because they were made by people I knew. Guess what, now made in China.
Sponsored

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
What's not made there? I'm from Vermont and I would always buy Vermont American taps and dies because they were made by people I knew. Guess what, now made in China.
There are plenty of quality parts out there made in the USA and Japan. Paying Mishimoto prices for made in China. Just crazy.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OK. So maybe they're doing some design work on their own. Going to deny that it's all made in CHINA?
I have seen the same mishimoto catch cans on ebay for about $50. No branding, same everything.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
they sure do spend a lot of money on cad design, engineering, development, testing, dyno,video production just to copy someone else.:rolleyes:
Sorry Mishimoto products have no bearing on actual performance. Quality is decent, but their design and development work is pathetic. See their intake for a prime example. Increases IATs and reduces power over stock, $400 for what is basically a sound pipe. All independent tests have shown this to be the case.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry Mishimoto products have no bearing on actual performance. Quality is decent, but their design and development work is pathetic. See their intake for a prime example. Increases IATs and reduces power over stock, $400 for what is basically a sound pipe. All independent tests have shown this to be the case.
But hey, they have an engineering team and did research.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the mishimoto intake for the Si. It sounded fantastic, fit great, and was high quality. I did not take any data on its performance but I really liked it.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I had the mishimoto intake for the Si. It sounded fantastic, fit great, and was high quality. I did not take any data on its performance but I really liked it.
Lol the exact demographic Mishimoto targets

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol the exact demographic Mishimoto targets
Everyone modifies their cars for certain reasons and goals. Labeling a person without knowing anything about them is likely more ignorant than installing an aftermarket part without knowing the implications.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Everyone modifies their cars for certain reasons and goals. Labeling a person without knowing anything about them is likely more ignorant than installing an aftermarket part without knowing the implications.
Would you call an intake a performance part?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I didn’t label you and I’m not trying to be an ass. You installed their product and weren’t able to determine whether or not their product worked and only commented how it looked

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Mishimoto FMIC was better compared to first gen PRL FMIC. Now that PRL came with a newer version of FMIC I think its better than mishimoto now.
Sponsored